DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[s]Goal: 100,000 New Goal: 200,000[/s] New Goal: 250.000

Toy and Minion

What unis have you applied to? If you don't mind me asking :)

In order of preference, Strathclyde, Stirling, University of the West of Scotland, and Abertay

what about you?

York, Warwick, Exeter, Cambridge

Nice :)

Are you looking forward to leaving home?

One one hand, yes. On the other hand, I'm terrified :D

• Replies 237.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smiley73

• Crimson_Ayla

• Nyanna al'Meara

• mmeeshal

Lol, I do normally have at least one free :)

That's why 5 is BAAAAD.

Perks of doing 4 subjects :D

hello ayla, I finally have time to sleep have a nice night

That is very good :)

I got woken up by my dad this morning and I felt so refreshed that I nearly went "Aaaah", and I only slept about 6 hours, I'm looking forward so a mild 12 hour session now, cause tomorrow is a public holiday

That sounds rather splendid :happy:

I have a full day of lessons tomorrow and mafs after school. Looooong school day. Triple further mafses...

triple further maths? what does that even mean?

We have 5 periods in a day. It means 3 of those are further maths :D

Up here we have 6, three of those are free for me tomorrow *smug* :laugh:

you get FREE LESSON!?!?!?! Oh what I would do for free lessons

12 a week :D

I give up. I will never understand your schooling system

Ha, we win :D

Uh, prolly cos this bit is optional, and full days every day would just be too much for most people :)

In order of preference, Strathclyde, Stirling, University of the West of Scotland, and Abertay

what about you?

I can't wait, especially if I get into Strathclyde, planning on getting a flat with a couple of mates, will be awesome :D

what about you?

I can't wait, especially if I get into Strathclyde, planning on getting a flat with a couple of mates, will be awesome :D

Yeah :)

I don't know anybody going to most of mine. I will be on campus or in one of the colleges (for 1st year at least) I think

Haha :laugh: honestly it isn't all it's cracked up to be :P

Yeah. England sucks.

two problems

1. first world problems much?

2. what isn't all its cracked up to be and how does this relate to England and Scotland

1 (and 2, really). As the first year to be paying the tripled uni fees I am very biased and don't like it :)

what about you?

Yeah :)

I don't know anybody going to most of mine. I will be on campus or in one of the colleges (for 1st year at least) I think

There's absolutely loads of people from my home town in Glasgow (which is where Strathclyde is) :laugh: but if any of our plans go pear shaped then we'll probably live in halls too :)

Yeah. England sucks.

two problems

2. what isn't all its cracked up to be and how does this relate to England and Scotland

1 (and 2, really). As the first year to be paying the tripled uni fees I am very biased and don't like it :)

triple? well that's enough to get anyone angry... Do they charge flat rates there or based on your means like Harvard (I think)? and what is triple the fee?

Yeah. England sucks.

two problems

1. yeah I guess you're right, I still don't like the rampant booze, drugs and violence culture up here though

2. I meant the 12 free periods :laugh:

Yeah. England sucks.

two problems

triple? well that's enough to get anyone angry... Do they charge flat rates there or based on your means like Harvard (I think)? and what is triple the fee?

£9,000 per year instead of £3,000, and that's just tuition

Same for everybody, but if your household income is less than a certain amount you can get bursaries and such

Yeah. England sucks.

two problems

1. yeah I guess you're right, I still don't like the rampant booze, drugs and violence culture up here though

1. meh Boozing is pretty big part of lots of people's university lives, part of an alarmingly large amount of people's school lives as well, illegal drugs in general (read cannabis-mostly) are not nearly as bad as the ones we allow (depression medication, concentration/ADHD medication - which I have a personal problem with and especially alcohol). Violence... for uni students?

2. I guess it's just time that your not having lessons

Yeah. England sucks.

two problems

£9,000 per year instead of £3,000, and that's just tuition

Same for everybody, but if your household income is less than a certain amount you can get bursaries and such

are bursaries mostly state covered or privately sponsored?

9000 British pounds = 108 696.215 South African rands

per year? Just tuition? Why the increase? are they trying to make university as elitist as possible? People even accept paying this much? Do you still know how to protest? I can give you some pointers... I go to a private school for less than this, and this is something everyone is supposed to be able to pay for?

rant over. but that's still a lot of of money.

Which course is this for, or it this a flat across the board fee? and what's the income threshold for bursary application

Yeah. England sucks.

two problems

1. meh Boozing is pretty big part of lots of people's university lives, part of an alarmingly large amount of people's school lives as well, illegal drugs in general (read cannabis-mostly) are not nearly as bad as the ones we allow (depression medication, concentration/ADHD medication - which I have a personal problem with and especially alcohol). Violence... for uni students?

2. I guess it's just time that your not having lessons

I take your points, I just feel it's gone a bit far when a lot of people can't have a drink without fighting or getting lifted or something, no one seems to have any sense of moderation