• Replies 237.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smiley73

• Crimson_Ayla

• Nyanna al'Meara

• mmeeshal

funny story, lotta words, but he was a classic.

Rabbi Akiva taught: A person should always say: “Everything that G-d does, He does for the good.” Rabbi Akiva was once traveling, when he arrived in a certain town. He asked for lodgings and was refused. Said he: “Everything that G-d does, He does for the good,” and went to spend the night in a field.

He had with him a rooster, a donkey and a lamp. A wind came and extinguished the lamp, a cat came and ate the rooster, a lion came and ate the donkey. Said he: “Everything that G-d does, He does for good.” That night, an army came and took the entire town captive. Said Rabbi Akiva to his disciples: “Did I not tell you that everything that G-d does, He does for good?”[4] (If the lamp had been lit, the army would have seen me; if the donkey would have brayed or the rooster would have called, the army would have come and captured me

Yes it is and yes he is.

This particular book is about when his rabbi (the author is Jewish) asks Mr. Albom to speak at his funeral. Then also tied in is Mr. Albom meeting this Christian minister. Both of these gentlemen have some pretty impressive stories.

They're actually making a movie out of this one--I wonder how good it'll be....

Yeah that one was ok. He has a few other books too... "Tuesdays with Morrie" is his first and most famous one (haven't read that one myself)... Then... I think the other one is called "For One More Day" or "One More Day" which is ok as well

ill probably check them out. short enough not to mind if theyre just ok