DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[s]Goal: 100,000 New Goal: 200,000[/s] New Goal: 250.000

Toy and Minion

I watched my grandpa lose both of his legs, and battle a half a dozen other health problems. He couldn't walk around on his own anymore, he couldn't work in his workshop, and he couldn't stand up to hug me at the end. Never once would I say he "suffered."

Yes he was in pain, and yes it was hard, but he still was always there with a smile and a laugh, and was still as full of life and joy and hope and faith as ever. I live trying to be half the person he was

And I was ninja'd by Sparkly! :laugh:

Wow....that is an amazing story, Sparkly. It's people like that...we need to always try and emulate, because we can learn so much from them.

• Replies 237.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smiley73

• Crimson_Ayla

• Nyanna al'Meara

• mmeeshal

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....... I don't remember which that was from, but I remember the quote, now....

a few samples, cause she said it so well. please excuse the religious specificity, it was a thing fo hers.

Role of Suffering -

"Without our suffering, our work would be just social work - it would not be the work of Jesus Christ, not part of the redemption."

"Today the passion of Christ is being relived in the lives of those who suffer. Suffering is not a punishment. God does not punish."

The Innocent Suffering -

"All that suffering-where would the world be without it? Innocent suffering is the same as the suffering of Jesus. He suffered for us and all the innocent suffering is joined to his in the redemption. It is co-redemption. That is helping to save the world from worse things."

Suffering is a gift -

"I was talking to our lepers and telling them that leprosy is a gift from God, that God can trust them so much that he gives them this terrible suffering. And one man, who was completely disfigured, started pulling at my sari. "Repeat that", he said "repeat that this is God's love. Those who are suffering understand you when you talk like this, Mother Teresa".

"Like all gifts, it depends on how we receive it. And that is why we need a pure heart to see the hand of God, to feel the hand of God, to recognize the gift of God in our suffering. He allows us to share in his suffering and to make up for the sins of the world."

To Die daily to self...... -

"Lord, help us to see , in your crucifixion and resurrection, an example of how to endure and seemingly to die, in the agony and conflict of daily life, so that we might live more fully and more creatively.... Enable us to go through trials patiently and bravely, trusting that you will support us; for it is only by dying with you that we can raise with you. Amen."

Success -

"God has not called us to be successful. He has called us to be faithful."

more of her words.

The worst disease today -

"Once they came to a door and no one answered. The woman had been dead for 5 days and no one knew - except the odor in the hallway. So many people are known for the number on their door. The worst disease today is not leprosy; it is being unwanted, being left out, being forgotten. The greatest scourge is to forget the next person, to be so sufficated with the that we have no time for the lonely Jesus - even a person in our own family that needs us. Maybe if I had not picked up that one dying person on the street, I would not have picked up the thousands. We must think ONE, ONE. That is the way to begin. "

"Loneliness and the feeling of being unwanted is the most terrible poverty."

MEESH

"...I realized that I left off something very important when I was advising some guys dealing with illness. Maybe the most important thing of all. Laugh. Make her laugh. Make him laugh. Make yourself laugh. Keeping your spirits up has a really great effect, believe me. There are lots of situations where it's hard to find something to laugh at, but in most situations where you can grumble, you can find a laugh in there if you look at it a little askew. And you know something? Making her laugh is almost as good as laughing yourself. In fact, if you make her laugh, soon enough you'll find that you're laughing along with her. There is all sorts of stuff that you can laugh your way through when trying to wade it just doesn't work. Remember, nobody is asking you to laugh at everything. Nobody is asking you to stop grumbling. But the more you laugh, the less you'll grumble, and the better you'll feel. The better you'll BE."

~James Oliver Rigney Jr. (Robert Jordan)