• Replies 237.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smiley73

• Crimson_Ayla

• Nyanna al'Meara

• mmeeshal

You also gotta keep in mind that many people try to scam doctors for drugs and attention. They're also looking out for themselves.

That is a fair point, that I hadn't considered.

I guess I have a bias because of all the negative experiences I've had with doctors relating to my thyroid problem. XD

And I guess I haven't had any one doctor long enough, until now, for them to trust me when I say "I don't think this is right." I mean, I had a good pediatrician, but once I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's, it was like, buh-bye pediatrics, hello big-gun doctors. XD And we've moved enough that I've gone through doctors a lot.

And that's why I'm taking action, now. The nurse at my doctor's office, and even my doctor's husband, her fellow practitioner, are pretty strict, typical medical people. They're like, "Oh, your levels are normal, you can go home now. If you feel weird, it's probably something else. Thyroids are such tricky things to deal with, so we're just not gonna mess with your meds."

But my doctor is AWESOME. She'll be like, "Well, yeah, your levels are in range, but they're not particularly high, so if you still feel like crap, sure, we'll try and up your dosage. It's very possible that, for you, you're still not getting enough thyroid hormone. We doctors rely too heavily on our ranges, sometimes." XD She's actually the one that switched me from levothyroxine (synthetic T4) to Armour thyroid (desiccated thyroid including ALL the thyroid hormones) earlier this year, to see if that worked better.

I love her. XD