DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I hope we see ________ again!

aross

There are a few such characters that I have waited to see again, if possible. Sometimes for the lion's share of the series!

Dermid Ajala - This Tairen blacksmith declared Perrin a Master and gave him his own hammer, the same hammer that forged Mah'alleinir. I have thought that Perrin's best scene in the series was Ajala's forge, until late in the Towers of Midnight. It would be fun to see them together once more.

Bran and Marin Al'Vere, Abell Cauthon - Who would not want to see Mat's and Egwene's families again, now that they have "risen in the world"?

Almurat Mor - The lone Seeker who stayed true to his sworn duty, he defied Darkfriends above him to help guide Furyk to Tuon. I figured we would see him again soon after Knife of Dreams with a new name and commanding the Seekers.

General Tylee Khirgan - Who would not want to see the most interesting Seanchan character again? By Seanchan standards, Tylee is a radical, and is capable of helping forge trust with the East.

Any other good suggestions of intriguing but brief characters?

I'd like to see Alsbet Luhhan smash some Trollocs' faces in with her hubby's hammer in the Last Battle. The description of her at the beginning of the Eye of the World hunting for hiding Trollocs in Emond's Field just filled me with anticipation, and has to be a hint to the future books, like Lews Therin's people-sensing...

Gosh, wouldn't that sight just put the fear of the Light into you?

Oh, and Ingtar remains my favourite Shienaran. Thom survived an offscreen Myrddraal fight, so I can hope... Tee-hee.

Oh, and Ingtar remains my favourite Shienaran. Thom survived an offscreen Myrddraal fight, so I can hope... Tee-hee.

How about Lan for some reason goes for a walk in the Blight alone and finds Ingtar, similar style to the Luc/Isam/Taringail/Janduin side of things? Maybe some Aes Sedai found a way to free the Shadows hold on a man and they did this to Ingtar, and then Ingtar and Lan find Slayer halfdead or whatever in Isams form and take him to said Aes Sedai, meaning Slayer becomes a good guy still able to use two identities?

How about Lan for some reason goes for a walk in the Blight alone and finds Ingtar, similar style to the Luc/Isam/Taringail/Janduin side of things? Maybe some Aes Sedai found a way to free the Shadows hold on a man and they did this to Ingtar, and then Ingtar and Lan find Slayer halfdead or whatever in Isams form and take him to said Aes Sedai, meaning Slayer becomes a good guy still able to use two identities?

Cool theory! Only problem is; Ingtar was really annoying until he died, and everything became explained and he was suddenly this huge hero to me. Much like why I now absolutely adore Verin. I think if either of those redeemed came back, they'd lose their appeal for me.

Goodwife Luhhan fantasy still remains, though.

Cool theory! Only problem is; Ingtar was really annoying until he died, and everything became explained and he was suddenly this huge hero to me. Much like why I now absolutely adore Verin. I think if either of those redeemed came back, they'd lose their appeal for me.

Yeah I know what you mean, but the dead are walking... so Ingtar needn't be alive to appear again. Not that I think its likely, we probably wont see a known dead character walking.

The Ogier, specifically those around Loial. I would like to know the results of his speaking at the Great Stump, and see them in battle. The ones with the Seanchan are supposed to be terrifying afterall.

The unfortunate badgers Mat seems to keep catching.

Aludra.

The Emond's Fielders on a whole, definite agreement with you there. And with Tylee as well.

And so help me, if I see any mention of Bela I will burn this thread to the ground.

The Ogier, specifically those around Loial. I would like to know the results of his speaking at the Great Stump, and see them in battle. The ones with the Seanchan are supposed to be terrifying afterall.

Aludra.

The Emond's Fielders on a whole, definite agreement with you there. And with Tylee as well.

And so help me, if I see any mention of Bela I will burn this thread to the ground.

Not having thought of it before you mentioned it, I wanna know what happens to Bela - or a get together of all the people that haave ridden her.

Aludra.

Not having thought of it before you mentioned it, I wanna know what happens to Bela - or a get together of all the people that haave ridden her.

The post had the exact same effect on me! I think it would just be really nice for all the characters from the early books who got a bit left behind to turn up, and to be honest, I think there's a pretty good chance of that happening. :)

Alsbet Luhhan riding to war on Bela, swinging Perrin's hammer... That'd be a sight to see.

There are a few such characters that I have waited to see again, if possible. Sometimes for the lion's share of the series!

Dermid Ajala - This Tairen blacksmith declared Perrin a Master and gave him his own hammer, the same hammer that forged Mah'alleinir. I have thought that Perrin's best scene in the series was Ajala's forge, until late in the Towers of Midnight. It would be fun to see them together once more.

Bran and Marin Al'Vere, Abell Cauthon - Who would not want to see Mat's and Egwene's families again, now that they have "risen in the world"?

Almurat Mor - The lone Seeker who stayed true to his sworn duty, he defied Darkfriends above him to help guide Furyk to Tuon. I figured we would see him again soon after Knife of Dreams with a new name and commanding the Seekers.

General Tylee Khirgan - Who would not want to see the most interesting Seanchan character again? By Seanchan standards, Tylee is a radical, and is capable of helping forge trust with the East.

Any other good suggestions of intriguing but brief characters?

I would certainly like to see Abell Cauthon again. But mostly, I would just like to see old minor characters treated more kindly than they were in tGS and ToM. Scores of them are simply gone or reduced to one dimensional shadows. This is one of my biggest peeves with those books, actually.

Where are old the maidens so carefully developed by Jordan? Adelin, Jalani, Somara and Enaila seem to have died and we get a bunch of new names with no characters instead. Sulin and Gaul do show up (however briefly) but are completely devoid of personality. Mistress Harfor is completely gone from the Caemlyn palace. Is she taking an extended vaction? And where are all the officers of the Band of Red Hand: Estean (he is at least mentioned), Reimon, Carlomin, Edorion and Dearid (my favorite)? Not one of the Novices or Accepted introduced in KoD show up at all. Areina is gone too. We get a new bunch of meaningless names instead. Granted none of those characters were developed to any great degree but still, the story would have felt smoother if instead of Yeteri and Inala we had Coride or Alvistere. Other than Meidani, the ferrets seem to have burrowed into some holes so deeply that Egwene never even considers using them in her machinations in the Tower.

Uno - that guy always cracked me up for some reason, particularly in his interactions with Nynaeve.

Ewin Finngar - I'm not sure why but for some reason I took a shine to the kid the first time I read EtoW. I was kinda disappointed that he didn't leave with Moiraine and the trio, or that he hasn't at least appeared more often.

Hurin - Sure, he had a cameo in TGS but we need more of him in AMOL

Bran and Marin al'Vere - Egwene has gotten too uppity and needs to reconnect with her humble roots. I have to wonder if she'd even see them, could you really have the Amyrlin's country parents wandering around Tar'Valon? I mean I'm sure most AS parents are already dead before they become Amyrlin.

Abell Cauthon - We got to see Rand's emotional reunion with Tam but it seems that Mat and Egwene's reunion with their parents would have quite an impact as well.

Bode Cauthon

General Tylee Khirgan

The Seanchan Ogier - they need to meet up with the Randland Ogier.

Bran and Marin al'Vere - Egwene has gotten too uppity and needs to reconnect with her humble roots. I have to wonder if she'd even see them, could you really have the Amyrlin's country parents wandering around Tar'Valon? I mean I'm sure most AS parents are already dead before they become Amyrlin.

Abell Cauthon - We got to see Rand's emotional reunion with Tam but it seems that Mat and Egwene's reunion with their parents would have quite an impact as well.

Bode Cauthon

It strikes me that all of them have some grounds to expect to be invited to Egwene's wedding (especially her parents). Even if Egwene has distanced herself from Bode (for, I think, good reasons). I wonder how the al'Veres will react when they find out (from Gawyn, from what he and Egwene decide in Towers of Midnight) that Egwene is the Amrylin Seat and marrying the First Prince of the Sword (their queen's brother, even if the fact Elayne is queen isn't real important to the Two Rivers).

Bode's reaction to her brother will be interesting (what with having seen the immediate aftermath of the Seanchan attack on the Tower, and Mat having married the Empress (may she live forever)). Ah, Mat lives in interesting times (if they were boring, he'd rectify the situation, after all). Oh, and finding out that just because she can channel, doesn't mean Mat can't torment her (he seems like the sort of brother who makes his sisters' lives difficult, for the fun of it).

[Hmm. I wonder if Nyneave's parents are around somewhere? We never hear of them, but that doesn't mean they aren't. Wonder if they're annoyed they weren't invited to her wedding?]

Aludra.

Gasoline. Lots of gasoline. And the lighter..where's is that blasted thing? I apologise Aross (OP) but this must be done.

Oh, and finding out that just because she can channel, doesn't mean Mat can't torment her (he seems like the sort of brother who makes his sisters' lives difficult, for the fun of it).

[Hmm. I wonder if Nyneave's parents are around somewhere? We never hear of them, but that doesn't mean they aren't. Wonder if they're annoyed they weren't invited to her wedding?]

Judging from Mat's attitude towards AS, the Fox-head Medallion, and recent...events involving a certain someone's tongue, I am in hearty agreement with you here.

Aren't Nynaeve's parents dead? Wasn't she taken in by the Wisdom at a really young age or something? I probably am just spouting incorrect nonsense, so don't take my words for anything. Wait till someone who has access to the books currently can tell you.

I would like to see ogiers having a big part in the final book. Both Loials friends and the seanchan ogiers. I also would like to see more of the maidens and other aiel that kind of disaperd - like Sulin, Gaul, Enaila...

Good call, many of you, on the Two Rivers novices, especially Bode Cauthon. She seems important. Young, powerful, strong in earth, capable of making cuendillar faster than nearly any channeler. She will be with Egwene's armies when it all goes down. As for her role...?

UNO! He was always bloody flaming brilliant and it was always a pity that RJ never found a way to keep him around more.

Hurin. Simply a great character. Another man burdened with a terrible, yet useful gift. And he a rarity in Randland; someone who is humble. We need some more of that to counter Elayne's and Egwene's toxic influence on the story with their arrogance and just all round crapness.

Archived