The problem with this character is that character

randsc

The problem with Perrin is Faile;

The problem with Birgitte is Elayne;

The probelm with Gawyn is Egwene;

The problem with Mat is Tuon;

The problem with Morgase is anyone with a penis;

The problem with ...

Lot's of characters seem to be pretty likable, EXCEPT when interacting with a PARTICULAR other character.

Maybe the Creator just had a problem with writing about interpersonal relationships?

Maybe I'm not understanding you. A lot of characters on your list are really annoying and, by extension, their interactions with other characters is also annoying, but I don't think their annoying traits "rub off" on other other characters. Let's just go down the list:

1. Hate Faile. Annoyed/bored by the whole Perrin/Faile dynamic. I've never been annoyed by Perrin.

2. Elaine can be really annoying. Her scenes with Birgitte (just like most all-woman scenes in WoT) are equal parts annoying and boring. But Birgitte's not annoying. She's pretty cool around Mat.

3. Gawyn started off so cool, then suddenly transformed into a whiny little b*tch after the Tower schism (I think this was a mistake on Jordan's part). He's got way more problems than Egwene.

4. For Mat/Tuon, it's the same exact analysis as Perrin/Faile - expect take my hatred/annoyance for Faile and multiply it by 10 for Tuon. Mat's only problem is being married to Tuon. This whole dynamic still makes zero sense. I guess we'll see where it ends up in the next book.

5. The problem with Morgase is Morgase. When was she cool?

The problem with Cadsuane was Shaidar Haran.

The problem with Elayne is Lini.

The problem with Galad was Gawyn. Not anymore though.

But still, the problem with Gawyn is Gawyn.

The problem with Demandred is no Demandred.

The problem with Rand is Min.

The problem with Min is Min.

The problem with Faile is Failes nose.

The problem with Bela is Chuck Norris.

The problem with Perrin is Faile;

The problem with Birgitte is Elayne;

The probelm with Gawyn is Egwene;

The problem with Mat is Tuon;

The problem with Morgase is anyone with a penis;

The problem with ...

Lot's of characters seem to be pretty likable, EXCEPT when interacting with a PARTICULAR other character.

Maybe the Creator just had a problem with writing about interpersonal relationships?

Fun topic...Here be my opinions:

Rand's biggest problem right now is Mazrim Taim.

Mat's biggest Problem Character right now is ... Furyk Karede??? (Thinking ahead to the field of battle at TG here).

Graendal, Moggy, Cynfear = Shadar Haran.

Morgase's biggest problem is that shes too hawt.

- Fish

Rand - Mommy/Daddy issues - Min doesn't help either

Elayne - Elayne

Egwene - Suian - Trying to live up to your predassor (spelling) while they'te still alive? Ouch.

Mat - Olver - Can't be his usual hard drinking, swearing self... Marrage is a big hindrence as well

Perrin - Noam - Too worried about ending up in a cage gnawing on a bone (can anyone say "Good Doggy"?)

Faile - Faile

And I agree, Morgase - Anyone with a todger... She's a bigger w&*$e in the series than Berelain, all she did was insinuate, Margase went through with it

Maybe I'm not understanding you. A lot of characters on your list are really annoying and, by extension, their interactions with other characters is also annoying, but I don't think their annoying traits "rub off" on other other characters. Let's just go down the list:

1. Hate Faile. Annoyed/bored by the whole Perrin/Faile dynamic. I've never been annoyed by Perrin.

2. Elaine can be really annoying. Her scenes with Birgitte (just like most all-woman scenes in WoT) are equal parts annoying and boring. But Birgitte's not annoying. She's pretty cool around Mat.

3. Gawyn started off so cool, then suddenly transformed into a whiny little b*tch after the Tower schism (I think this was a mistake on Jordan's part). He's got way more problems than Egwene.

4. For Mat/Tuon, it's the same exact analysis as Perrin/Faile - expect take my hatred/annoyance for Faile and multiply it by 10 for Tuon. Mat's only problem is being married to Tuon. This whole dynamic still makes zero sense. I guess we'll see where it ends up in the next book.

5. The problem with Morgase is Morgase. When was she cool?

I've been totally annoyed with how stupid Perrin turns when he's arround Faile. Never quite annoyed with Faile. It's not her fault if he loses all his wits when she's around him.

People are responsible for their own actions.

Of course. I blame Perrin, for example, for the way he acts with Faile. That doesn't change the fact that the whole Perrin-Faile arc is incredibly annoying to read, and Perrin alone is not. Therefore, the problem with Perrin is Faile.

Interesting, the problem with Faile may be Perrin. I found her a good deal less annoying when she was held by the Shaido. She was actually a pretty admirable character then. Maybe because there wasn't the constant implication that sexually-charged violence makes her hot.

Perrin is only bearable when Faile is around, Faile is always awesome of course. Same with Elayne and Birgitte. Rand's problem is Cadsuane. Egwene's problem is her ego.

HAHAHHAHA...ha.. wait.. your NOT joking?!

Only awesome females are Nynaeve and Berelain. And now Morgase. Thanks Drekka :P

Shaidar Haran gave the sad bracelet to Semirhage. There wasnt much Cadsuane could have done about it, yet she still got the blame and the Light still dont even know Shaidar exists

Oh yeah, like that, thought I had misssed something :p

Hehe. I just love the fact that even though Rand lifted the exile he still doesnt understand what HIS real mistake was in it, and thats that he doesnt realize theres a most-likely True Power-using Superfade getting involved. How many people can deal with that? At the moment, none, because none of the good guys know it even exists.

Of course, Cadsuane could have made sure that the male a'dam was actually guarded by a human being or two, or kept it on her person. That might not have kept it from being stolen, but it certainly would have increased the chances someone would quickly know that it had been stolen. An a'dam is useless without the element of surprise.

Archived