DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Fain's zombie trolloc army

thevillagecouncil

pages 43-45 show fain attacking a group of trollocs and a myrddraal with hist mist and raising the trollocs as undead. Is he creating an army out of these? What does he plan to do with it? I think he'll attack the gathered armies with them. Every trolloc that dies in the last battle, and possibly every human too, can be raised by fain. Scary thought! O_o

Also, he said his mist attacked like the tentacles of a leviathan in the Aryth Ocean. Do you think one actually exists or was it just put in there by Brandon?

pages 43-45 show fain attacking a group of trollocs and a myrddraal with hist mist and raising the trollocs as undead. Is he creating an army out of these? What does he plan to do with it? I think he'll attack the gathered armies with them. Every trolloc that dies in the last battle, and possibly every human too, can be raised by fain. Scary thought! O_o

Also, he said his mist attacked like the tentacles of a leviathan in the Aryth Ocean. Do you think one actually exists or was it just put in there by Brandon?

Hi - fun topic. I know many are weary of him, but I have always loved Fain. I don't think any of the recent developments with him were ''just put in there by Brandon.''

Its a little late to be adding new stuff just because it might be cool. Also, we have Brandon's word that he would not be ADDING any new stuff - only writing out already material desired by Jordan as dictated in bedside storytelling, audio tapes, outlines, notes, RJ writing and outlines. I admit the zombies seemed a bit more Brandonish than Jordanish but I take Brandon as a man of his word (except for that one time he insisted Sulin being where she shouldn't be in TGS was NOT a mistake and that there was 'a reason' for it only to have Maria come out and admit it WAS simply an error and proceed to fix it in the paperback, lol.

As for what might be done with the ZombArmy...i am guessing Fain will use it as a human shield to make one last charge at Rand personally.

Another big question I have on this topic is ''What says for SURE that this new ''Zombie Army'' ISN'T the big surprise thing in the blight?

- Fish

As far as the last bit goes, if by "actually exists" you mean "Did Jordan create an index of creatures in his world beyond the shadowspawn?", I doubt it. That said, I don't think this leviathan is some new shadowspawn or creature made up from whole cloth. I think it's simply a metaphor for some more common creature, probably the Randland equivalent of a giant squid, written in a way as to tickle the imagination.

except that fain is a superpowered forced of evil. Gollum was tainted by only sauron's ring, fain has both the DO's taint, and the taint of shadar logoth. It'd be like if gollum was the one who could summon the army of the dead then kill aragorn and sauron with it. lol.

Also, one is named "Fain" and other is named "Gollum." :biggrin: I know there are differences, but I'm thinking that both characters will have a similar impact. Fain is working for himself, just like Gollum was, and its going to have some impact in the Last Battle, just like Gollum did at Mount Doom, and it's probably not going to be to the Shadow's liking, just like Gollum destroying the ring.

I think the Gollum reference has been replaced by Agent Smith :P

That's also a good point. Someone who was originally working for the bad guys but who decided to go for his own side. There are a lot of questions about his army:

- Can he use humans to create them (he cannot use Myrhdrals)

- Can he make them indefinitely

- Can he let them work on their own while he does something else

Maybe Fain needs his dead trollocs to see him through to Shayol Ghul. Obviously marching through the blight he is going to attract some attention from its denizens. I know he's defeated worms (hard to kill) and a fist of trollocs but what if he was to encounter trollocs on the scale of the battle of Maradon or what the Malkieri are facing at Tarwin's gap. Dont think he has enough Power to defeat shadowspawn of that number so he's going to probably need some foot soldiers of his own.

What do you think?

except that fain is a superpowered forced of evil. Gollum was tainted by only sauron's ring, fain has both the DO's taint, and the taint of shadar logoth. It'd be like if gollum was the one who could summon the army of the dead then kill aragorn and sauron with it. lol.

sauron isnt the DO of the LoTR he is simply one of the many evils, in LoTR the DO has already been locked away in the side of middle earth(go read the Silmarillion) and Gollum WAS tainted by other evils, Shelob was an evil all to herself, and he became her servant as well.

i just had a thought though, the DO didnt know about the way gate in caemlyn, Fain did, he didnt know about other waygates really, but the one in caemlyn he knew, it also is close to Rand (closer than the Blight anyways) maybe the trolloc army verin talked about in her letter was fains? that would explain why they could move through the ways in large numbers, when they couldnt before.

i just had a thought though, the DO didnt know about the way gate in caemlyn, Fain did, he didnt know about other waygates really, but the one in caemlyn he knew, it also is close to Rand (closer than the Blight anyways) maybe the trolloc army verin talked about in her letter was fains? that would explain why they could move through the ways in large numbers, when they couldnt before.

The black sisters elayne fought with knew of the invasion and I don't see them being fain's puppets besides how would Verin know of it - I mean Fain doesn't share all his plans with the DO's servants or the DO as far as I know

You can see Fain meeting Rand and saying "Mr Al'Thor. We've missed you" :)

Seriously though. RJ was big on Balance of the Wheel.

The Taint was balanced by Shadar Logoth.

The Taint and Shadar Logoth are gone

So what balances Mordeth? and what does Fain being reforged by the DO mean?

I have no idea :P

You can see Fain meeting Rand and saying "Mr Al'Thor. We've missed you" :)

Seriously though. RJ was big on Balance of the Wheel.

The Taint was balanced by Shadar Logoth.

The Taint and Shadar Logoth are gone

So what balances Mordeth? and what does Fain being reforged by the DO mean?

I have no idea :P

Rand's balancie enough give balance in a three-way battle - DOvsFainvsDRvsDOvs...you get my point...

Anyways in a battle between Mat and Fain or Perrin and Fain or some of the bigshot channelers who do ya thing is going to win...I mean that guy is way too overpowered for a mutated hound :D

Ohh he's gonna storm Shayol Ghul and kill the DO while waiting for his pray

Charging Fain with an army would be foolish now, he would infect them all. Need to balefire that sucker from a distance or nuke it from orbit.

How about Shadarn Haran vs. Fain? That would be one awesome battle, they take each other out...which clears the way for the DR to confront the DO and reseal.

Archived