DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Post pics of what you think the ageless look looks like

Soraz

I doubt the ageless look is anything that exists in real life. You could put an age to any of the women mentioned. Sure Demi Moore is 49 but doesn't look it. But she sure as hell don't look 19 or even 29, which she could if she had the truly ageless look Jordan described.

cate-blanchett-1207-lg.jpg

The surgeried-up actress look is how I imagine it. Not the ones plastered in makeup, which is why I think this picture is a pretty good one of my imagining. At a glance, she might look young, because her skin's freakishly smooth, but if you actually look, she's clearly not -- it's not really something you can define easily, other than perhaps a "tightness." Descriptions of the feeling left by recently taken Oaths, as though one's skin is too tight, add to my idea.

Also, I know Cate Blanchett says she dislikes plastic surgery, and I'm not going to accuse her of lying, but I think her skin does have that look about it. Maybe it's makeup or photoshop, but she's the only person I can find who has this look and isn't bright orange. Sorry in advance if I've annoyed any Blanchett fans! (I'd be livid if someone said I or someone I admired looked fake) D:

The surgeried-up actress look is how I imagine it. Not the ones plastered in makeup, which is why I think this picture is a pretty good one of my imagining. At a glance, she might look young, because her skin's freakishly smooth, but if you actually look, she's clearly not -- it's not really something you can define easily, other than perhaps a "tightness." Descriptions of the feeling left by recently taken Oaths, as though one's skin is too tight, add to my idea.

Also, I know Cate Blanchett says she dislikes plastic surgery, and I'm not going to accuse her of lying, but I think her skin does have that look about it. Maybe it's makeup or photoshop, but she's the only person I can find who has this look and isn't bright orange. Sorry in advance if I've annoyed any Blanchett fans! (I'd be livid if someone said I or someone I admired looked fake) D:

I think you nailed it here.

Most Aes Sedai are mentioned as pretty, so I think that rules out the ugly pics posted here.

She could be 20, she could be 50. I dont know.

I think that the practice of using the oath rod would never have been taken up by the sisters. On the other hand, for use as a punishment to channeling criminals... quite a deterrent.

Most Aes Sedai are mentioned as pretty, so I think that rules out the ugly pics posted here.

Could the key be photoshop? Getting the age features smoothed out? It's done a bit in the quoted picture. But here is a blatant example.

madonna-photoshopped-2831-1238183305-4.jpg

Could the key be photoshop? Getting the age features smoothed out? It's done a bit in the quoted picture. But here is a blatant example.

madonna-photoshopped-2831-1238183305-4.jpg

That Madonna picture....oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.....

Could the key be photoshop? Getting the age features smoothed out? It's done a bit in the quoted picture.

Yes, it's done a bit in the picture I posted, but generally, Blanchett does have that "ageless" look. I think the easiest way to achieve it in film would probably be makeup similar to the screenshot from DS9 that Darth Andrea posted. I had never actually thought of the makeup they used in that way, but now it's pointed out, it definitely has that ageless Blanchett-esque quality.

That DS9 shot isn't the ageless look - Aes Sedai don't look like sickly aliens! It's all a matter of makeup and photoshop/after effects.

It's not, no, but if you look at the skin on her cheek, it's very smooth and "tight" looking. If they used makeup similar to that, which created the tight, smooth look on the skin, without making the women look like creepy aliens, I think it would work pretty well!

Thomas the Tank Engine Sedai... Hmmm. :P

I think Feral's picture's good, her cheeks and nose look very Aes Sedai, but she does have a couple of lines around the eyes, and Aes Sedai don't have that. The easiest way, in my opinion, would be to get young women with no lines and use makeup on their cheeks, forehead, chin, nose, to make their skin look weird. That would also mean that stilled Aes Sedai could just be the same actresses without the makeup -- hopefully they'd look different enough! It would also create the contrast in looks between wilders and Aes Sedai.

Archived