DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Magnastedding

crm2442

Could it be that the stedding are pockets of magnetism? This might explain why the stedding were lost during the breaking, when the earth was shifting. Also, perhaps the inability to channel inside them is a result of the magnetic effects on the body/brain? Also it might explain the longing (magnetic attraction?)

The guardians in Far Madding might also be magnetic, though not as strong.

What do you think?

I think its best not to apply scientific concepts to WoT, since "the real world" is neither woven into a pattern by a mythical wheel, is not driven by a vaguely-defined yet accessible (but only to Humans !) power that represents the worst gender archetypes, and lacks bubbles of Eeevvil trying to undo the whole mess.

They talk about Lodestones in several places in the books and how the attract iron filings, which I'm assume are magnets. I think it would have been discovered if they affected channeling before.

I'm wondering though if the entire world becomes a steading in a future age to prevent channeling, and a future breaking changes it so channeling can happen again. I have a strange feeling the breaking rand causes may result in the inability of the use of the power for male and female channelers.

Could it be that the stedding are pockets of magnetism? This might explain why the stedding were lost during the breaking, when the earth was shifting. Also, perhaps the inability to channel inside them is a result of the magnetic effects on the body/brain? Also it might explain the longing (magnetic attraction?)

The guardians in Far Madding might also be magnetic, though not as strong.

What do you think?

Magnets do not work that way.

Archived