DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Favorite Main Female Characters (as of ToM)

Barid Bel Medar

107 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Female Characters (as of ToM)

Same as most annoying. No debates, just statement of opinion and why.

While only one answer in the poll, it is hard to choose, so post top 3 if you wish.

1. Nynaeve: She has been annoying in the past, but ever since she married Lan she has become awesome. ToM Nynaeve is simply the greatest. Her testing was my favorite chapter in the book. As Rand said.

"Don't let them ruin you, Nynaeve. They'll try."

"Ruin me?"

Your passion is a part of you," Rand said. "I tried to be like them though I wouldn't have admitted it. Cold. Always in control. It nearly destroyed me. That is strength to some, but it is not the only type of strength. Perhaps you could learn to control yourself a little more, but I like you as you are. It makes you genuine."

2. Moiraine: The second greatest Aes Sedai (after Nynaeve)She willingly went to the Finns where she was tortured to save Rand. Her devotion is simply astounding. Again, a quote from Rand

"Moiraine cared. You could see it in her, even when she was calm. The best Aes Sedai I've known are the ones who others complain aren't what an Aes Sedai should be."

3. Birgitte: How many times does she have to save Elayne? Awesome character. She is a hero of the Horn. That pretty much speaks for itself. Birgitte bloody Silverbow

Nynaeve and Cadsuane are my favourite, but Nynaeve just about comes out on top, since she's an "original" character. Also, Cadsuane didn't do much in TofM, except be polite to Rand. As nice as that was, not enough to overcome Nynaeve's awesome. :)

I don't like Eg anymore. Tuon had only one POV - not enough to judge her.

Nyn is awesome, but she is already winning :D

Brigitte is cool, Elayne improved, Moiraine loves Thom and i don't like that.

I don't care about the other girls.

Boh.

I know it's not one of the 'main characters', but of all woman i do like Teslyn. not in the least because she's the first woman, in quite some time as I recal, to sincerely and without obligation gives thanks to a man who isn't her warder or husband. that my friends is a landmark in WoT history.

mind you, it's not that I can't stand all woman who don't thank or apologise every once in a while, it's just a remarkable event. And she's one of my favorite AS, still a few steps lower than Nyn.

Tuon's paragraphs this book were pretty blah, but not enough to shake her from top spot. In my heart, always, she is Tuon Athaem Kore Paendrag, Daughter of the Nine Moons...

Nynaeve has been awesome for a long time, and just kept getting better in this book. She should almost be Blue - she pulls off the rebel Aes Sedai with a cause perfectly. She has such split loyalties, to the Tower, to Rand, to Emond's Field, to Lan, but she balances them all with unwavering dedication to her principles.

If a woman does need a hero, she needs him today, not tomorrow.

Has to be only one person. Egwene al'Vere. Has risen from the innkeper's daughter to an aiel apprentice to the Amyrlin seat. Through all sorts of trials and tribulations. She reminds me of another favourite female character of mine. Laurana from Dragonlance series.

Nynaeve. She understands the faults of Aes Sedai and is not afraid to voice them. She understands that being Aes Sedai is a title and not much more. Her power and passion has nothing to do with that title, and she will fight along side Rand regardless of being Aes Sedai or not.

I voted for Nynaeve. It's funny, if you had asked me who was my favorite female character 10 years ago Nynaeve would have been near the bottom of my list. I found her annoying and obnoxiously overbearing. But she's really grown into a great woman. Intelligent, capable, loyal, and mindful of what an Aes Sedai should be and not just what the Tower believes an Aes Sedai is.

#2 Birgitte - She's always fun to read. Pretty much a female Mat.

#3 Min - Pretty much the only female character that I have not found annoying at some point. Just sweet, caring, and loyal.

I also really like Aviendha.

Nynaeve, for all sorts of reasons already mentionned above. Birgitte is a close second - she's fun and efficient, and I also would love to see her kick ass in the Band. I love Mat and Birgitte as a team.

Moiraine used to be my favorite, but her return in ToM has pretty much ruined her character for me - drained of her strength in the Power, simpering after Thom. Ugh.

Egwene has been pretty badass in the last few books, but in ToM she takes a step back because of her lack of faith in Rand and decision to try and undermine him.

Lanfear used to be another favorite, but reborn as Cyndane she's been a weak character (and mostly absent too). I did get a kick out of seeing her at the end of ToM (esp. with Rand feeling the "seething viper of desire" or something), but that's just not enough.

I like Avi and Min, but it's been a very long time since they've been up to much, so...

Had to go with Nynaeve. While she does have some personality flaws such a bullying and being somewhat hypocritical (which I think mostly for comic relief) she always comes through when it really counts and his is only only one of the two rivers folks to remain consistently loyal to Rand. I'm a huge Moiraine fan also, but she has been MIA for way long to remain my favorite. Perhaps by the end of AMOL

Nyn is the greatest Aes Sedai at the moment. She is truly servant of all. I like her passion. I like Cadsuane, she is rough but just. I still like Egwene and Siuan. They are less powerfull as they were in series before but still likes them.

Yes, and possibly the greatest female AS ever and certainly the greatest healer of all time.

Nynaeve found a new method of healing, healed stilling/severing and madness = greatest healer of all time. Even AoL healers were 2nd rate compared to Nynaeve. I would not be too surprised if she brings someone back from the dead. And she helped the DR to cleanse saidin. Very likely the most skilled weaver among the current AS, likely as skilled as any of the female Forsaken; the 100 weaves to becoming AS, Nynaeve found them easy, Egwene did not, saying they were "very complex".

With barely knowing any Weaves, and nowhere near her full potential, she takes out a Forsaken by herself. Even DR needed help for a long time, Nynaeve saved his bacon as well against Rahvin.

Fearless, speaks her mind, incredible strength= just above average Forsaken female strength (according to Brandon, Nynaeve is even a little stronger than Semirhage, certainly stronger than Messana and Moghidein).

I think Tuon at the minute (aside from being given a stupid name as Empress). She's put her claws back out now she's actually Empress and not larking about in a wagon with Mat, and I'd say she's the female character I'm reading most interestedly as she has developed massively and will still do so given half the chance. Nynaeve is of course a good one. I've never found her that annoying, really - she's struggled to adapt to new roles in life but has done so believably and not at all gracefully :cool:

Moiraine was a bit too simpery for my liking but I'll forgive her as she was held prisoner and tortured for a couple of years!

1.Nynaeve has had one of the best transformations in the books.

I feel that her growth as a character is well paced.

2.Min comes in second I like her normalcy in an abnormal world.

3.Moraine's character is great but her absence has definitely

been noticed.

Guest Emu on the Loose

1. Mierin / Lanfear / Cyndane.

Also my favorite character in the series. I love how she pursues what she wants, and isn't willing to submit herself to the established order. Ambition is a grossly underrated character trait, in my opinion.

2. Nynaeve.

Hard call between her and Avi. I've always enjoyed Nyn's strength, level-headedness, awareness, and bad-assery.

3. Aviendha.

I want to like her even more, but give her some more to do! (Same goes with Mierin, too.)

My favorite character is Min. She trusts Rand and made it possible for him to change into New Rand. I guess she is a lot like myself with all the bookreading... :)

Avhienda was my second favorite character for a long time becouse she is so cool. But now I think Nynaeve has rised to second place so Avi has to settle with third place. It´s nice that at least one of the female main characters remember what it´s all about - the last battle and how to win it!

Archived