DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

2nd stop! – How to advance through the ranks!?

Nynaeve

To know how to advance through the ranks, you first need to be familiar with the rank tier system of the CotL RP Group. This system is divided into four tiers and is presented bellow.

The Tier System

First Tier (inexperienced)

Child

2nd Squadman

Squadman

Second Tier (soldiers)

2nd Bannerman

Bannerman

Hundredman

Third Tier (officers)

2nd lieutenant

1st Lieutenant

Captain

Fourth Tier (elite)

Lord Captain

Lord Captain Commander - Commander of the Army of Light

Head Inquisitor - Commander of the Hand of Light

Spymaster - Commander of the Whisper of Light

Promotion Requirements

*When your character gets enlisted in the CotL, he/she is granted the rank of a Child.

First Tier (Inexperienced):

1. To get raised to 2nd Squadman RP the following:

- Arrive at the Fortress of Light in Amador. Find your way to the Head Clerk to get signed up as a Child and proceed to find the Quartermaster to be assigned a room.

- Take the basic training introduction that ends with swearing the first Oath.

- Make one character development role play.

- Take one of the listed classes.

2. To get raised to Squadman RP the following:

3. To get raised to 2nd Bannerman RP the following:

Once you reach the Soldier rank you may choose to either join the Army of the Light, The Hand of the Light or The Whisper of the Light. Regardless of what subdivision you join, the same set of requirements apply (Assuming you want to continue the climb of ranks).

Second Tier (Soldiers):

4. To get raised to Bannerman RP the following:

- Swearing the Oaths: Your character swears the oaths to become a Child of the Light. RP must show the prayer and meditation before the ceremony as well as the ceremony itself. Must be completed with a PC leading the ceremony.

5. To get raised to Hundredman RP the following:

- On a Mission: Participate in one RP that takes you outside the Fortress walls on some sort of mission. May involve another PC. If you can set it up to involve PCs from another RP Group, even better.

6. To get raised to 2nd lieutenant RP the following:

- Confront either a Dark friend or a Trolloc in battle and come out victorious. Elaborate on your character’s feelings towards bagging his/her first DF/Trolloc and how he/she felt about taking a life.

Third Tier (Officers):

7. To get raised to 1st Lieutenant RP the following:

- Give a lower ranked CotL one of the classes listed.

8. To get raised to Captain RP the following:

- Create a situation where your character faces a harsh interrogation or interrogates someone else. The emotional and psychological results of this need to be described thoroughly.

- Give a lower ranked CotL one of the classes listed.

9. To get raised to Lord Captain:

- A Lord Captain slot must be open (Currently all 13 slots stand open).

- Send an application to the RP Group email (CotLDiv[at]dragonmount[dot]com) with why you think you deserve this rank (Talk of your involvement in the RP Group, contributions, your RP rate, how long you've been a member. Bribes are welcomed as well ;)).

- Most importantly: Add in the application an idea for a big CotL ranged RP that you will take charge of upon being granted this rank.

*** A list of available classes and ideas for character development RPs will be listed bellow.

List of available classes:

- Obedience class

- Children of the Light Philosophy class

- History of the Children of the Light class

- Basic Calvary class

- Mounted Combat class

- Advanced Calvary Tactics

- Group survival class

- Military Tactics class

- Herb class

- Interrogation class

- Basic Stealth and Subterfuge class

- Espionage class

- Infiltration class

- Daes Daes Mar class

List of ideas for character development RPs:

- Making Friends (and Enemies): Your character meets at least one other PC trainee and the two (or three or four...) either forge a friendship or animosity towards each other.

- Chores and Other Unpleasant Things: Your character is assigned to an unpleasant task, most likely grunt work, or some sort of punishment. May involve another PC either to share in your misery or enforce it.

- Against All Odds: Your character enters into a fight he or she has no hope of winning and is thoroughly drubbed. Attention should be paid to your character's feelings about loosing and realizing they have much to learn.

- Embarrassment Stings More Than the Welts: Your character enters into a physical fight out of anger and is trounced in a way that is humiliating in addition to physically painful. RP must illustrate the principle that a fighter who fights mad, looses mad.

- A Glimmer of Hope: More used to getting beat down than not, your character enters into yet another impossible fight/spar/training exercise. Unlike the other times, however, he or she wins or is mildly successful, though just barely, renewing his or her determination to improve.

- Practice makes perfect: Your character is drilled on basic forms and made to repeat them to the point of exhaustion. Use this RP to demonstrate your character's reaction to extreme fatigue and stress, not to mention a difficult instructor.

- No Pain, No Gain: Your character takes on a serious injury either during a spar, fight, battle, or important task and must either decide to continue on or turn back.

- Trust: Your character confides in a fellow CoL and tells him/her your character’s darkest secret or fear.

- Collecting Someone Going to the Fortress: You were new at some point and a Child stopped to lend a hand. Time to return the favor. Pretty self-explanatory. Obviously, must be done with a fellow PC CoL.

- A Crisis of Faith: In this RP, your character must be forced to choose between a friend and his or her oaths to the Light.

- Mind over matter: Your character must get into a situation he or she cannot fight his or her way out of and instead must rely on wits.

- The Past Never Dies: Your character is haunted by a mistake done in the past. He/she is able to suppress it until a person from the past reappears and makes it all surface once again.

Requirement Fulfillment Guidelines - Important

Credit for the completion of the Character Development RPs:

--Story must be completed and reported on your character's thread on the Progress Report child board

--Minimum of 4 posts

--A Post must be at least three paragraphs long

Credit for the completion of Classes RPs:

--Class must be completed and reported on your character's thread on the Progress Report child board

--Number of posts as the number of posts the teacher did.

--A Post must be at least three good paragraph long.

Important Clarifications:

1. Whenever you see a requirement that says to take a class you may choose from the list of classes above (The order in which the class list is listed is random). Keep in mind though that I am the only one currently giving classes and I do one for a group of people... So I won't be able to please everyone. There's no guarantee of me giving the class you wanted. My advice is to jump on any class you see and join up if you wish to be promoted.

2. Whenever you see a requirement that says to do a character development RP you may choose from the list of ideas above (The order in which the ideas are listed is random). You may also choose to do a character development RP off my suggested list. If you do choose to do one off the top of your head, I encourage you to double check with me by PMing me the gist of the idea, just to make sure it's applicable.

3. Only CotL of the Officer ranks can give classes to other CotL. If you do not wish to write your own classes, you may use the ones I post, making some minor changes in them. NOTE: Due to the RP Group having no Officers at the moment if you have a CotL under the rank of Officer and you wish to exchange one of your requirements by teaching a class, I will allow it. Just contact me.

4. Exceptions can be made about pretty much anything. Nothing is written in stone so if you feel something should be different or that your character deserves special consideration, contact me. Also, if you have any ideas to contribute to improve the ranking system let me know.

I've fulfilled all of the requirements but I haven't been promoted yet, WHY!?!?!

With every fulfillment of a requirement, post it in the Progress Report child board so I can know when it's time for your character to be promoted. I don't have time to fish out your threads so if you keep your progress thread updated it'll be easy for me to know when it's time. Feel free to poke me too if you feel I've missed it. Instructions on how your thread should look are in a stickied thread there :)