DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mesaanas alter ego

Soraz

Its been a while since I read the other books.

The Aes Sedai that Mesaana hid as; has she been mentioned before? Has she been pivotal to any plots?

She's mentioned briefly several times throughout the books, most notably with a smirk when Siuan is disposed. Check out the WOTFAQ thats discusses the clues that Danelle was Messanna.

Read carefully the about how the breaking of the tower occured.

Danelle hired the masons, and Suian mentions thinks about her total lack of incompetence because they were way too many.

Next Alvarian comes in on the Heels of Elida when they take Suian to be deposed (obviously pulling strings here).

Next when Min tells how fighting started, it was started by a group of masons, and got into the warders and tower gaurd.

Because of Danelle's part with the masons, she was always considered a possible candidate for Messana. But either way, Messana orchestrated the breaking of the Tower, and probably ordered Alvarian/Sheriam to keep the tower broken.

Re-read these scenes if you like.

Siuan was also shielded before she noticed the light of saidar; some people have vociferously disagreed with me, but barring a denial from the author I'm going to keep thinking an inverted shield was a major clue Danelle was Mesaana.

Basically, her appearance fits what we know of Mesaana; her personality (remote, friendless) is the sort that she should look for in a victim; and her actions, becoming heavily involved in the coup and then fading back out of political prominence as Alviarin takes control of Elaida, made her the prime candidate among those who were combing through the books for clues over the last 10-15 years. Tarna Feir had been considered a secondary possibility until her POV in KOD, but really her disappearance from the Tower for more than 6 months should have ruled her out.

Also, the mason's Danelle hired were cited as the ones who began the fighting--essentially those she brought in escalated the situation. That's not in the FAQ, i don't think--I planned to put it in there but I don't think I brought it up with Jenn.

Also, the mason's Danelle hired were cited as the ones who began the fighting--essentially those she brought in escalated the situation. That's not in the FAQ, i don't think--I planned to put it in there but I don't think I brought it up with Jenn.

Luckers as Min is in process of helping Siuan excape, she mentions that it started from the Masons. Whether it is in the FAQ or not, it did happen as written in the book that RJ wrote.

There have been other hints too, such as Avliarin seeing Danelle in the hallway right before Mesaana visits her, and the fact that once we see a "bronze colored" skirt slip through Mesaana's illusion when she's talking to Alviarin. Danelle is a Brown and thus, bronze skirts would fit with her Ajah colors. She's also described several times as a friendless loner. There were many people, myself included- not that I'm very vocal in the community, who had theorized for years that Danelle was the most likely candidate for Mesaana. It came as no surprise to me.

Archived