DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Songs that make you think of WOT

White_star

I was listening to the radio (I know I'm old fashion) the other day and found this song,

. Immediately I thought of the WOT, Rand and male channelers and/or warders, or any non-channeler to third age AS(the vast majority are a bunch of snobs IMO), men in general to women, hhmm maybe it could also be applied to non-seachan damaen(sp?)

And I got to thinking there are quite a few songs that make me thing of tWOT like(warning some of the videos are for Teen - Mature audiences):

I think of Rand and those who start to distance themselves from him when they learn he can channel (like Egwene and Mat)

2 become 1 by Jewel(ignore the names I couldn't fine any good music videos of this one) I think of Rand and any one of his ladies, especially Min.

And I think of Lanfear whenever I hear

I know the hair colors are all wrong-try to use your imagination, and You're my obsession by Animotion

Found another one that makes me think of Rand (I apologize the sound quality isn't too good)

Are there any songs/or music in general that get YOU thinking of tWOT?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As pointed put to me by a fellow member, Blind Guardian has two songs that are actually about the Wheel of Time.

The first

The second

Note:This is an eight minute long song. Has lots of guitar solos.

Blind Guardian is a heavy/power metal band and honestly not something I usually listen to but it's about the WoT so I had to give it a chance :biggrin:

If you like those two I also suggest

. It's not about the Wheel of Time but it's good :happy:

Indestructible by Disturbed has always epitomized the BT for me.

Video:

Lyrics: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/d/disturbed/indestructible.html

Perfect Insanity by Disturbed also applies *grins*

Here's a bit:

Branded like an animal

I can still feel them burning my mind

I do believe that you made your message clear

I think I am losing my mind

Deprivating, isolating all that I feel

Leaving me with images I know are not real

Are those words of condemnation that I hear

As pointed put to me by a fellow member, Blind Guardian has two songs that are actually about the Wheel of Time.

The first

The second

Blind Guardian is a heavy/power metal band and honestly not something I usually listen to but it's about the WoT so I had to give it a chance :biggrin:

I've actually been spending my (increasingly rare, damn you exams!) free time learning these two songs on guitar and drums biggrin.gif

I always listen to music while I read, so sometimes songs remind me of parts of books etc. It's amazing how when I hear some songs I just immediately think about some part of some book.

Anyhow, here are few songs that do that to me:

This makes me think about Rand.

Part of the lyrics:

Humanity

Auf Wiedersehen

It's Time To Say Goodbye

The Party's Over

As The Laughter Dies

An Angel Cries

Humanity

It's Au Revoir To Your Insanity

You Sold Your Soul To Feed Your Vanity

Your Fantasies And Lies

Then there's

(I myself think that this song is actually at least partly made after WoT)

This makes me think about Rand, too.

Part of lyrics:

Why cant I heal this life?

I do see myself dissolving, like a lie

Cannot stop, this Wheel spins

Reversing the time as I need it to be, I take my leave

What I cant refuse is this hope of reaching you

You left me

Like the time, it has forgotten me, has forsaken me

Im alone, it left me

Another beautiful song by Scorpions that makes me think about Wheel of Time. No apparent reason, other than me listening to the song while reading the books.

Same reason as above, just listening to it while reading.

There are many more, but now that I try to think about them I just can't come up with any. x_x I'll post more if I can come up with more xD

makes me think of Perrin, especially before coming to terms with being a Wolfbrother.

I can't escape this hell

So many times I've tried

But I'm still caged inside

Somebody get me through this nightmare

I can't control myself

So what if you can see

The darkest side of me?

No one will ever change this animal I have become!

Help me believe it's not the real me

Somebody help me tame this animal

The first

The second

I've actually been spending my (increasingly rare, damn you exams!) free time learning these two songs on guitar and drums biggrin.gif

Sweet! I would love to be able to play the guitar...I just have to get one first :biggrin: Which will probably be after high school and after university...which will both be finished in 5 and a half years :rolleyes:

:ohmy: Nice picks so far guys & gals!

Overall for the series, I have to go with You Can't Always Get What You Want, by the Rolling Stones.. It just fits the series perfectly,for me at least.

Good call! :smile:

How about Another Brick in the wall by Pink Floyd for Taim, Messana(sp?) and maybe even the WT.

88 Lines about 44 women by The Nails for Matt. :biggrin:

I hate new music.. So I can't relate the new music to something that I love.

Ya, for the most part I'm an 80s/90s girl myself. Most of what's up there I don't know, even if the lyrics apply well (for those I could actually understand what they where saying). :wink:

This is the song that never ends.

Yes it goes on and on my friends

Some people started sing it

Not know what it was

And they'll continue singing it forever just because...

Not know what it was

Not know what it was

um... etc....

:ohmy: Nice picks so far guys & gals!

Overall for the series, I have to go with You Can't Always Get What You Want, by the Rolling Stones.. It just fits the series perfectly,for me at least.

Good call! :smile:

How about Another Brick in the wall by Pink Floyd for Taim, Messana(sp?) and maybe even the WT.

88 Lines about 44 women by The Nails for Matt. :biggrin:

I hate new music.. So I can't relate the new music to something that I love.

Ya, for the most part I'm an 80s/90s girl myself. Most of what's up there I don't know, even if the lyrics apply well (for those I could actually understand what they where saying). :wink:

I think Another Brick in the Wall (Part 2) would fit better for Egwene, Nynaeve and Elayne "We don't need no education" thinking of the White Tower.

Down by the River by Neil Young for Lanfear.

88 Lines about 44 Women, :biggrin:, pre-Tuon. Definitely.

Hmm, I like your taste in music.

Maybe its just me but when I read Wot I like to listen to music without words like soundtracks because I imagine what it would be like as a movie with a score since its so epic

Na, I actually prefer non-lyrical music when I'm reading too. It is definitely good for getting the imagination going. Some soundtracks like Gladiator and TLOTR can get me thinking about tWOT spontaneously whether I'm reading or not.

I think of WoT whenever I hear 'On the Turning Away' by Pink Floyd

Very Nice! Very WOTish! :cool: Pink Floyd has some of the most epic songs.

I think Another Brick in the Wall (Part 2) would fit better for Egwene, Nynaeve and Elayne "We don't need no education" thinking of the White Tower.

Your probably right

Down by the River by Neil Young for Lanfear.

88 Lines about 44 Women, :biggrin:, pre-Tuon. Definitely.

Hmm, I like your taste in music.

Thanks :smile: Though, I think Neil Young is before my time. :wink: but good Lanfear lyrics anyway.

The song

just makes me think of how the last battle will start.

Slowly everyone comes over a hill and all the channelers begin to link and take the source. Then when the single voice comes in thats Rand as a piller of light cos he's holding so much power.

Then as the orchestra comes in its just all of the people under the light coming to fight in a huge army.

From then on I just picture huge power battles happening around an even bigger battle of weapons. Rand heads off to get the DO and that where i run out of song

I sometimes think that iff the song was longer id know how the book ends lol

Sorry for the third reply in a row but I came across two more tracts that set off WOT flares in my head and I didn't feel it was appropriate to mush it in with the reply to other's replies :blink: did that make sense?

Anyway they are:

What About Love by Heart This did make me think of either Nynaeve or Min to Rand but now it goes to Egwene.

definitely a Min song to Rand

The song

just makes me think of how the last battle will start.

Slowly everyone comes over a hill and all the channelers begin to link and take the source. Then when the single voice comes in thats Rand as a piller of light cos he's holding so much power.

Then as the orchestra comes in its just all of the people under the light coming to fight in a huge army.

From then on I just picture huge power battles happening around an even bigger battle of weapons. Rand heads off to get the DO and that where i run out of song

I sometimes think that iff the song was longer id know how the book ends lol

Very nice mental image! Was that the Last March of the Ents?

Ive always imagined the WoT soundtrack being epic and the channelers all represented by voice rather then orchestra. I also imagine Rands theme to be the song he makes up on the flute in the first books and that theme slowly evolves into an all out battle/channeling motif like in this

Archived