DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New Here...Help?

Moiraine Sedai

Ok, first you decide whether you want to join the Community or RP (role playing) side of DM, or both. The main things about each are, RP side- you act out as a person who you create and fit into the varios sections. Black Tower, White Tower, Warders, ShadowLovers, (not official name for them :D) Band of the Red Hand, Sea Folk, Seanchan, White Cloaks, Aeil, WolfKin (bunches of Perrins basicly) or Freelanders. (Any of them not mentioned to be very simple) You create a character, or more than one, and roleplay them, pritty much become the caracter and get to interact with others through their characters.

The Community is more of a chatty place (more than RP side) and are broken up into the different ORGs as you can see on the board selection. The various ORGs serve their different porposes, I know (second hand), for exapmle, that the White CloakORG is the humor ORG. You can try out as many ORGs as you want and experiance their different programs. You do create characters, but aren't quite as... involeved in them. While RP is like making your own story with some friends, the Community is well... the Community. :D

My suggestions are to try out the Community right now because the RP side hasn't gotten over here fully. Although you can visit the RP folks at www.dmpsw.com We won't be there for much longer, and as you can see, some of us have already come over here.

To get posting privilages on the PSW, you have to click "organizations", then "join groop" then select DMPSW, you need to do that to gain acceptance into the others also, but you have posting rights there anyway.

Ok, hope that explains to you everything you need. And welcome to Dragonmount!!! :D

Guest Egwene

Hi Moiraine... I recommend a look at the Book Discussion Board as well.... lot's of polls up at the moment and of course if you want to talk WoT theories... that's the way to go!

Ok' date=' first you decide whether you want to join the Community or RP (role playing) side of DM, or both. (...)[/quote']

I just want to tell that we are all in the community side, but that was Jason calls the community is actually the Organisation side.

So in other words, you have the Organisations, and the (role play)Divisions and together they are called the Community. :)

I hope to see you around the role play side anytime soon ;)

O and no worries jason, just trying to help :);)

Robin

Ok, first visit us here at www.dmpsw.com we have not fully moved over and most of us are still lagging back there. We are comming soon though.

First you pick which organization you wish your character to be in, we have the varios organizations listed above (by me) and yes, its like D and D. Once you go there, you can click on the OOC (out of character) forum area index. Then on the Bio (biography) link, you can see the varios subjects. Many bio's are posted, and you can get a feel for what you need to put in there, we also have the Bio rules posted there. If you need more info, you can contact the people in the Organization, or the DL (division leader) Note-you will first have to create an account and register with us (more info on the boards under "how to start" in the RP area forum index) Now, you may be very confused at this point, so I will pause and say if you do not get me, I suggest just exploring the site, that's how I got started.

Most of the info you need is on the site, but here is just some backround on the varios Divisions.

The Black Tower (or the Farm) is a place full of men channelers and you can also make a civillain there. Pritty much, I don't want to go into too much detail so that I am not biased (my preference is the BT myself :D) The DL is Dalinar, who we like to call Dali

Next, we have the White tower, where they mostly accept channeling apprentances (IE novices :D) We actually have three DL's and our friend Robin is one of them.

The Warders have their own division, who are actully Tower Guards, you are only a Warder if you get bonded. :P Who... arg I don't happen to know the DL, although I did at one point *whacks his bad memory* :P

The DarkFriends, Dread Lords, and Forsaken *looks nervously at the forsaken* Chosen I meen of course, are all in the Shayol Ghul Division, and they accept all Shadow lovers and all you crazy light blinded... sorry, I am a light lover :oops: But anyway, the DL is Ranulf Ryan, although Ata, as the temp DL would also be a good contact.

The Wolfkin are well, wolfkin, and I can't say much about them unfortuanatly, and dunno who the DL is :oops:

Next is the Band of the Red hand who accept all peoples, and have many places you can join, they have five groups inside of their division, and is a very good choice (k, I am a Bander too. :D) The DL right now is Kael, and Estel is the ADL (assistant DL). Which reminds me, Dashiva (706Stomtaaw) is the ADL of the BT *draws attention to the BT once again* What? It's hard not to be baised. :D

The freelanders are pritty much for characters that don't fit in else where. Channeler, non channeler, its probibly the most free Div, but there are perks about others (like the BT [i know I'm hopeless]) :D The DL is James

All I know about the SeaFolk is that they have windfinders, apprentances, and dudes with weapons. And that the DL is Kartos (unless time moved on without me) but I think that they became part of the Freelanders (unless that was also part of time that moved on without me)

I litteraly know absolutly nothing about the Seanchan, sorry.

If you need anymore info, just give a call.

Archived