DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Perrin Vs. Slayer ( Luc / Isam ) in the last battle?

Will al Seen

hey guys i'm new to this. But this is just a quick thought,I think that Slayer can maybe somehow comminucate with darkhounds. Mybe not to the same degree as perrin can and minus the yellow eyes but i think maybe he can sumon them and at the " Last Hunt " it will wolves vs. darkhounds and perrin goldeneyes vs. Slayer. very well could be completely wrong but i think it'd be damn cool if shit went down that way.

Guest cwestervelt

I don't think it likely. I cannot think of a single thing (other than reader theories) that even hints at a connection between Slayer and darkhounds.

As far as Slayer vs Perrin goes, I personally don't see the fascination many people appear to have with it. Perrin's only contact with Slayer was essentially a wrong place at the wrong time scenario. Slayer was not in the Two Rivers because of Perrin, and his attempts to kill Perrin in Tel'aran'rhiod was because Perrin's ability to Dream made him a threat to Slayer's cover.

Guest cwestervelt
RobertAlexWillis: Yeah, sorry Will, but when cwestervelt, Majsju, and I all agree ....

Has that ever happened before? We may have just managed a first. :)

What about the dark prophecy in TGH?

is says: "Luc came to the mountains of Dhoom.

Isam waited in the high passes.

The hunt is now begun. The Shadow's hounds

now course, and kill.

One did live, and one did die, but both are."

it doesnt say exactly that there is a connection but slayer and the darkhounds are mentioned in the same passage of the prophecy so maybe there is a connection... just throwing it in the air.

Guest cwestervelt

Shadow's hounds does not necessarily denote Darkhounds. Fain was also refered to as the Dark One's Hound if I remember right.

In the contect of the Dark Prophesy I would read the "Shadow's hounds" as being a metaphor for Luc and Isam. If you consider the placement of the phrase between a direct mention of Luc and Isam by name, and then a reference to their merger, that fits better than an allusion to Darkhounds.

Yeah, well as i said, it was just a fancy thought i had that i thought would be pretty neat, and it was actually the dark prophecy that made me start thinking about it. But you guys are right when i look back, besides the DP, there's actually like, no hints towards that at all.I just think at TG all three of the boys should have their own big enemy to face. Rand's is quite obvious but perrin and Mat should have some final big clash with one particular person although i'm not sure who they could be

Have you guys seen the two hundredth episode. It made me explode with happiness. (I feel comfortable being this geeky as, well, its not like its a shock to anyone here)

Personally i think the description does match the darkhounds. The use of the terms 'the hunt' and 'now course' link inextricably with actual dogs in my mind. I dont see how the description 'now course' fit either Fain or Slayer or any of the others.

That being said i also dont think it creates any sort of special connection between Slayer and the darkhounds.

Guest cwestervelt

The resurrection of Wormhole Extreme. Saw it, thought it was hilarious. The behind the scenes special was fun too. They had some fun with all the quirks of the show, like Teal'c and his "Indeed" line.

Archived