DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Timeline question

herid

I have a timeline question that I can't find the answer to. I want to know how Aviendha's meeting with Nakomi and her trip through the pillars of Rhuidean relate to other events in the book. In particular, what occurred before and what after Rand's metamorphosis at the end of tGS? There seem to be no clues in the book. Perhaps this has been clarified by Brandon Sanderson somewhere else?

Nakomi was before Rand's epiphany, as was her first trip through the columns. It seems likely that the sun beginning to shine during her second trip through indicates that Rand had his epiphany sometime after she triggered the lineage-vision of Malidra.

Nakomi was before Rand's epiphany, as was her first trip through the columns. It seems likely that the sun beginning to shine during her second trip through indicates that Rand had his epiphany sometime after she triggered the lineage-vision of Malidra.

Ah, excellent point about the sunlight! I missed that. I looked it up in the book and you are quite right. Thanks a lot! I was asking this because I was thinking about the Nakomi scene and the fact that the food tasted very good. If this happened after Rand's transformation that would be understandable. As it happened before this seems to me to be a strong indication that the Nakomi meeting happened in TAR and Nakomi (whoever she is) changed the food in TAR way.

Archived