DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Is Demandred the Twin of Lews Therin Telamon?

Yates_

Throughout the series, I have had questions about Demandred. His descriptions tell of a handsome, dark haired, tall guy. Just like LTT.

Demandred went to the shadow out of envy of LTT. That always shocked me. Even Sammael, and the Netweaver, went over for the same reasons, but all the Forsaken talk about how Demandred's reasons were not so great as the others, even though his hate was stronger. Why?

Simple. His twin (non-identical) was the Dragon, which ties in to numerous statements about how Demandred was almost the Dgragon. He is always mentioned as being just "less" than LTT.

Plus, all of Rand's kids are twins or multiples. And that usually runs in families. I think LTT had a twin, and it was Demandred. Once he turned to the DO, it would be the sort of thing you wouldn't talk about, like a person's family member being in prison or something. I especially think people wouldn't have brought up such a sensitive subject to LTT, given his abilities and how much it must have hurt him. And once they were given their Forsaken names, the FOL no longer used their prior names. In the breaking, this information would have been lost.

This is just an opinion, and I really welcome any debate or evidence that disproves my theory.

Throughout the series, I have had questions about Demandred. His descriptions tell of a handsome, dark haired, tall guy. Just like LTT.

Demandred went to the shadow out of envy of LTT. That always shocked me. Even Sammael, and the Netweaver, went over for the same reasons, but all the Forsaken talk about how Demandred's reasons were not so great as the others, even though his hate was stronger. Why?

Simple. His twin (non-identical) was the Dragon, which ties in to numerous statements about how Demandred was almost the Dgragon. He is always mentioned as being just "less" than LTT.

Plus, all of Rand's kids are twins or multiples. And that usually runs in families. I think LTT had a twin, and it was Demandred. Once he turned to the DO, it would be the sort of thing you wouldn't talk about, like a person's family member being in prison or something. I especially think people wouldn't have brought up such a sensitive subject to LTT, given his abilities and how much it must have hurt him. And once they were given their Forsaken names, the FOL no longer used their prior names. In the breaking, this information would have been lost.

This is just an opinion, and I really welcome any debate or evidence that disproves my theory.

No they aren't related. The don't have the same last name and Demandred was born 1 day after Lews Therin.

No they aren't related. The don't have the same last name and Demandred was born 1 day after Lews Therin.

No-o-o-o... You make a good point, but I think that's a bit far-fetched. Leave them as rivals; they're in "an Age long past."

This would still be possible if LTT's mother went into labor late at night and ended up delivering LTT @ 11:59 and delivered Demandred @ 12:01. I agree that this theory is far fetched and probably not true, but Demandred being born a the day after LTT doesn't disprove it.

This would still be possible if LTT's mother went into labor late at night and ended up delivering LTT @ 11:59 and delivered Demandred @ 12:01. I agree that this theory is far fetched and probably not true, but Demandred being born a the day after LTT doesn't disprove it.

And you would think twins have different last names as well? Sorry but this is absurd. There isn't a single shred of evidence to suggest this is true.

And you would think twins have different last names as well? Sorry but this is absurd. There isn't a single shred of evidence to suggest this is true.

so you know all the naming conventions of the AoL too? I also agree that the theory is far fetched and not true, but your argument doesn't hold water.

We really don't know how things were done in the AOL, its possible that their customs don't require siblings to have the same last name. I really doubt that this is true or that LTT and Demandred are twins but all possibilites must be considered. If any such relationship exists I would say it would be more likely that the two are half brothers, but as I said I really doubt that any relationship exists.

We really don't know how things were done in the AOL, its possible that their customs don't require siblings to have the same last name. I really doubt that this is true or that LTT and Demandred are twins but all possibilites must be considered. If any such relationship exists I would say it would be more likely that the two are half brothers, but as I said I really doubt that any relationship exists.

I don't know why I must consider this since there isn't any evidence to support it. A theory needs evidence otherwise it is just a guess. It is like me saying that I think Ogier are really trollocs from a previous turning of the wheel because they kinda look alike. Is that absurd? Of course it is, because there is no evidence whatsoever.

Archived