DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who will be sealed in with the Dark One this time?

Leopoled Boothe

Of course some of the forsaken are dead and gone but I'm sure that a few new baddies will be locked in with the DO so that the parents of the 4ht Age will have some names to frighten their children with when they refuse to eat their vegitables.

So who do you think it will be? Any particular darfreinds or Black Ajah members? Will any of the remaining Forsaken get sealed in again?

Doubt the Dark One is getting sealed up this time--otherwise why write the series? In other words, why tell the story of these particular two (well blurbs from the 4th) ages of this turn of the wheel?

Supposing there is an Age of Legends type sealing: Moridin, since he could use another age to go even more insane ;)

Noone will get locked up woth the DO. There is no need to have anyone to tell stories about, since the nature of the Wheel demands that everything about the DO must be forgotten eventually.

Besides' date=' when the Wheel turns, it must be in it's original state, and no one was sealed in with him originally.[/quote']

I dont remember where reading this if it was the lews therin prolouge in the first book or if it was Ishys wisits in Rand dreams.

But he says "We have had this fight thousands of times, sometimes you ahve joined me other you have fought me" Of course this could be a lie of some sort to bring Rand off balance.

But I also see other possibilities here:

1. He speaks in belief that Rand truly biliev it is the dark one(unless this is in the proloug).

2. Or it relly is Ishy and he is a Dark Ta'veren of some sort. He is called "Deciever of hope" after all. Maybe he was Ta'veren at his time and IS bound to the wheel.

I dont remember where reading this if it was the lews therin prolouge in the first book or if it was Ishys wisits in Rand dreams.

But he says "We have had this fight thousands of times, sometimes you ahve joined me other you have fought me" Of course this could be a lie of some sort to bring Rand off balance.

It was a lie indeed.

He is called "Deciever of hope" after all.

At the risk of being picky, Ishamael means "Betrayer of Hope"

• 1 month later...

If anything I can only see Shaidar Haran being sealed up with the Dark One.

Dark Ta'veren-i had a similar thought the other day, that there should be a Ta'veren working for the Shadow.

Moiraine mentioned in the earlier books that the One Power could be used to duplicate the effects of a Ta'veren...It would be good if Moridin used the True Power for this when fighting Rand, but Rand needs the Ta'veren twist to equal Moridin using the True Power so I doubt Moridin will use it

If anything I can only see Shaidar Haran being sealed up with the Dark One.

Dark Ta'veren-i had a similar thought the other day' date=' that there should be a Ta'veren working for the Shadow.

Moiraine mentioned in the earlier books that the One Power could be used to duplicate the effects of a Ta'veren...It would be good if Moridin used the True Power for this when fighting Rand, but Rand needs the Ta'veren twist to equal Moridin using the True Power so I doubt Moridin will use it[/quote']

There isn't any such thing as a "Dark Ta'veren". Ta'veren just are. They're used by the pattern as corrective mechanisms, and their actions are neither good, nor evil.

yoyoyo my mofos. Its obvious ain't it that the whole point of calling this the "LAST BATTLE" is that the DO has to freakin DIE!

That means....no one is gonna get sealed up, no one is gonna come back in 3000 years, no forsaken, no freaky fade haran dudes, no more black ajah....the entire force of the Shadow will be destroyed.

Yes yes you might think that would be farfetched but in my view, thats why this whole freakin segment of Time period (Rand's 3rd age) is the subject of this story...because it is where everything ends.

Why not write a story on lew therin then? when they 'sorta' won the battle but the DO comes back...and it repeats over and over....duhhhhh boring! Thats why Rand is gonna end it all, totally callandor the DO's arse back to oblivion.

So with the DO completely gone...chanelling fading...seanchan wars starting...technology developing...the Ogier and all other forms of alien life leaving...the entire Randland world moves on to a new age; something that will develop into something like our own. It is similar to what Tolkien leaves us with in LOTR; "bleh, the age of man" Yay aragorn is king, the elves are gone! the dwarfs have failed to do mitosis (no women), all the orcs and trolls that didn't get wiped out by the Collapsing of the Eye tower becomes investment bankers/insurance brokers/real estate agents/ and just plain messed up hippies.

and thus we can say that from the parallel themes that run in all of 'high fantasy', LOTR and WoT do have loads of similarities, that this is how the series would probably end. Cept..in LOTR we have one freakin chick (Arwen) but here we have...woweeee! Loads!

It would be possible for a Darkfriend or Forsaken to be made ta’veren, but it seems unlikely. Ta’veren are part of the Wheel’s self-correcting mechanism. When the Pattern seems to be drifting too quickly, and especially if it is in the wrong direction, one or more ta’veren are created. I can’t really see how making a Darkfriend or Forsaken ta’veren would help with correcting the drift of the Pattern.

http://www.dragonmount.com/RobertJordan/?m=200510

Archived