DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Glossary Really Not Spoilerfull

BlackAjah

I of course stayed away from glossary after hearing about the spoilers, and some people fee like it is how we learn about Graendal killing Asmo, but it's really not. Early on when Graendal is beckoned to Moridin's very own "Tower of Midnight" in the blight, he tells her she better not use the dreamspike against other Forsaken, because, and I paraphrase, he says it's becoming her habit to do that or something. That was the first major clue. Then of course SH tells her she is responsible for deaths of THREE Forsaken!! Obviously he means Aran'gar and now supposedly Mesaana, it is Asmo. The glossary clarifies this, but of course by the end of Book 13 you should be more than able to infer it.

The glossary really annoyed me, I mean if they had to reveal that Asmodean was killed by Graendal they could have at least not mentioned that she was also responsible for the deaths of Aran Gar and Mesaana (After reading Asmodean I promptly closed the glossary so I was fortunately spared the premature revelation of Mesaana's death). None of the other glossary entries contained spoilers (the one on the Children for instance, mentions that they had divided, there is no reference to their having reunited or their Lord Captain Commander following Perrin or any other events that occur in the book) and I am unsure as to just how the glossary is supposed to be used, I do not see why one would read a glossary after reading a book? I have always seen glossaries as being for perusal prior to reading a book or when you want to look up how to pronounce a characters name or find out just who the heck Doilan Mellar is.

Archived