DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Plans for Rand's parency?

JinaDeleoris

I was just wondering, while we do learn who were the true parents of Rand, That means he is Andorean nobility since his mother was daughter-heir. Is that fact only known to the reader? It doesn't seem like Rand himself has realized it or any other character for that matter. Has Mr.Sanderson given any hints concerning a possible revelation of that fact in the following books? I would love to read Elayne's reaction upon hearing that.

I was just wondering, while we do learn who were the true parents of Rand, That means he is Andorean nobility since his mother was daughter-heir. Is that fact only known to the reader? It doesn't seem like Rand himself has realized it or any other character for that matter. Has Mr.Sanderson given any hints concerning a possible revelation of that fact in the following books? I would love to read Elayne's reaction upon hearing that.

Rand discovers it in Fires of Heaven and Lord of Chaos. He knew about Gitara Moroso telling Tigraine to leave Camelyn because of a Foretelling, IIRC Basil Gill told him about it in tEotW. Once he hears from Amys the story of Shaeil, he begins puttingit together, but it is confirmed that Rand knows in LoC because he asks an Andoran noblewoman (can't remember the name) about how the Great House would actually be related if they were farmers. We see from his PoV that he is checking to see if Elayne is his cousin by blood, since the TR at least seems to have an incest taboo. The noblewoman tells him that if they were farmers that Tigraine and Morgase would not even be considered blood-kin. He is relieved. His relief was because he knew that Tigraine was his mother. Right now, as of the end of TGS, Rand is the only character that we know of with this information. This includes the fact that Galad is his half-brother. Rand had also put that bit together. I have pointed out on one of the ToM Spoiler thread something that might (and this is a big MIGHT) point to at least one other having this information, but I won't post it here. Instead here's a link to that Spoiler Thread. Post #240 on the last page of this thread.

Archived