DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Dragon

Joanna63

Does anyone know? How did the 'dragon' name start? When the characters first see the dragon banner and the tattoos on Rands arms, they describe them in a way that indicates they havent seen anything like them before....what's the connection, why was the dragon put on the banner I wonder, and wht was LT called the Dragon?

Also, the Aiel are called the people of the dragon....they served Aes Sedai didnt they, so I wonder how they came to be known as the PoTD....there's also Dragon Mount and other sites....so the Dragon conquers under the symbol of aes sedai unity (ying/yang)....male/female aes sedai unity.....hmmmmmm??

The Aiel were associated with Lews Therin during the War of Power, thus they became known as the People of the Dragon.

Dragonmount... well, the Dragon died there and its a mountain. There we go.

Dragonwall was likely raised during the Breaking of the World considering the city that is spotted in the distance in the mountains.

Fingers of the Dragon is likely because the Dragon is associated with bad luck and that particular delta is treacherous to navigate.

The Dragon title likely comes from the dragon myths in the First Age, the Age of Myth, and if we accept the hypothesis that the First Age is our Age than even during our time period dragons are legend. Perfect candidate for the historical distortion theme of the series. In fact, in remembering time is cyclical we could argue the reason we associate "dragon" with the scaly things is because of the Dragon symbol from Rand's era.

ETA: I'm not entirely certain why "Dragon" was chosen as a title, though, beyond it being a powerful creature and associated with luck. Lews Therin was said to have incredible luck, though. Perhaps that's a link.

ETA: I'm not entirely certain why "Dragon" was chosen as a title, though, beyond it being a powerful creature and associated with luck. Lews Therin was said to have incredible luck, though. Perhaps that's a link.

That's because Sammael and Demandred were too arrogant to see he was a better man than they :biggrin:!

Archived