DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Letter Rand Received when talking to Siuan

Turok

I thought it was from Verin about King of Illian being in WT (whatever the guys name is. sorry, forgot).

Oh that's a good point. I was also wondering about what Rand said when Min asked where he had found the king, so I guess that kills two birds, Thanks.

Yes, the letters with the red wax seals are the ones Verin left behind. Which leaves me to wonder if the AS who delivered it is also Black Ajah - probably not since even if she survived the purge, Rand would have seen her darkfriend-ness.

(Like the one Alanna received - tho we don't know what that one said yet).

Yes, the letters with the red wax seals are the ones Verin left behind. Which leaves me to wonder if the AS who delivered it is also Black Ajah - probably not since even if she survived the purge, Rand would have seen her darkfriend-ness.

Verin seemed to have a whole suitcase full of those letters... I wonder what percentage we'll actually get to read. Only 1 book left and lots of story still to tell.

Verin seemed to have a whole suitcase full of those letters... I wonder what percentage we'll actually get to read. Only 1 book left and lots of story still to tell.

So far we know that 4 people received letters from Verin. And so far we (as readers) have only been given a look at one of them. The four letter holders are Mat, Rand (via Tiana), Alanna, and Galad. Mat's is the only letter we have read. There have been numerous theories about what the others contain, but it is commonly accepted that Verin left the letter with Tiana because she believed that when Rand visited the AS that he would visit those AS that were considered 'rebels' because Egwene led them. As far as the contents go, Rand's comments later about the King of Arad Doman have led many to theorize that Rand's letter contained info about Mattin Stepanaos (sp) being at the WT and possibly about the 2 DF's (Wieramon and Anaiyella) among his Tairen nobles. As far as why Tiana, I definitely think she is not a DF. IMO, Verin chose someone among the SAS that had some authority (which would help ensure that Tiana might be able to get close to Rand to deliver the letter). and someone she could bully into giving an Oath Rod bound promise to not open it and to deliver it to Rand.

All of these statements are inconclusive as we have not been shown the other letters, but that is the most commonly accepted theory on Rand's letter from Verin.

the letter also said where the Domani King was

Possibly, but the way Rand phrases his discovery of the Domani King would lead me to believe otherwise. It comes across from Rand's dialogue that the letter told him where Mattin was, and Rand figured that if the WT can kidnap one sitting monarch they could have done it with other missing monarchs and so he should start looking along the route that would be traveled by AS returning to the WT from AD.

My other theory is that Galad's letter informed him of his half-brotherage with Rand.

Its really about time we ended this ridiculous Andoran princes trying to kill Rand for no reason at all storyline.

That was my thought also, about the letter. I don't remember anything in the past few books that would indicate that Galad intended to kill Rand, but I'm not here to dispute that, just to state that if anybody could have figured out from the various pieces that Tigraine was Rand's mother it would have been Verin, and I think that she told Galad about it in the letter. I thought it would be a great scene at FoM if Rand and Galad meet face to face and just stare at each other in silence for a few moments (enough to build tension among the nobles and AS present) then simultaneously say, "Brother!" and clasp in a quick man-hug causing every jaw to hit the carpet, especially Elayne's and Egwene's. I would love it if The Lord Captain Commander of the Children of the Light embraces the Dragon Reborn as his brother leaving everyone dumbfounded and almost in a state of apoplexy over it. :rolleyes:

Ishadar - while Galad didn't have a personal blood feud with Rand, he was L-C of the WhiteCloaks whose personal mission statement states that all channelers are DarkFriends and must be killed. He has gotten over this, but he still tends to see things very literally and in terms of black and white.

I also feel that with everything *else* that is going on, Rand seems unlikely at the moment to reveal that he is scion of house Mantear, if for no other reason than to avoid the aggro he would get from Elayne for trying to outrank her.

My other theory is that Galad's letter informed him of his half-brotherage with Rand.

Its really about time we ended this ridiculous Andoran princes trying to kill Rand for no reason at all storyline.

That was my thought also, about the letter. I don't remember anything in the past few books that would indicate that Galad intended to kill Rand, but I'm not here to dispute that, just to state that if anybody could have figured out from the various pieces that Tigraine was Rand's mother it would have been Verin, and I think that she told Galad about it in the letter. I thought it would be a great scene at FoM if Rand and Galad meet face to face and just stare at each other in silence for a few moments (enough to build tension among the nobles and AS present) then simultaneously say, "Brother!" and clasp in a quick man-hug causing every jaw to hit the carpet, especially Elayne's and Egwene's. I would love it if The Lord Captain Commander of the Children of the Light embraces the Dragon Reborn as his brother leaving everyone dumbfounded and almost in a state of apoplexy over it. :rolleyes:

I looooooooooooove it :rolleyes:

Ishadar - while Galad didn't have a personal blood feud with Rand, he was L-C of the WhiteCloaks whose personal mission statement states that all channelers are DarkFriends and must be killed. He has gotten over this, but he still tends to see things very literally and in terms of black and white.

I also feel that with everything *else* that is going on, Rand seems unlikely at the moment to reveal that he is scion of house Mantear, if for no other reason than to avoid the aggro he would get from Elayne for trying to outrank her.

I didn't say that I thought it would happen, just that it's a scene that I would like to see. I agree that if anything comes of Galad knowing Rand is his half-brother, it would be done in private and probably just a sentence or so between just the two of them. Galad is not the type to air family laundry in the sitting room, so the scene I described seems OOC for him also, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't love to see it!:biggrin:

Archived