DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who was watching Nynaeve and Theodrin

Mighty Chin

I thought Tarna was somewhat unlikely because she just walked out of the building Nynaeve was standing beside a few minutes earlier, but she's possible. Moghedien's unlikely. It wasn't Aran'gar, since she was only introduced in LOC30. Maybe Areina? It seemed like the Nicola-Areina plotline was one Jordan was never sure what to do with.

I thought Tarna was somewhat unlikely because she just walked out of the building Nynaeve was standing beside a few minutes earlier, but she's possible. Moghedien's unlikely. It wasn't Aran'gar, since she was only introduced in LOC30. Maybe Areina? It seemed like the Nicola-Areina plotline was one Jordan was never sure what to do with.

I also thought Aran'gar, the fact the Tarna made mention of Theodrin helping Nynaeve with her block cements it for me.

I always assumed it was Nicola or Areina gathering some more blackmail ammo.

She didn't walk out of the building, she walked out of the room. So Tarna walks out a room on the first floor, a few minutes later someone is watching Nynaeve from a room on the second floor, and then in the next chapter Tarna rocks up saying that she knew Nynaeve was present despite attempts to keep it from her... it fits.

Also about Areina and Nicola... their mimicing of each other always made me think Nicola had bonded Areina. It fits their natures. As such their relationship always made sense to me.

Tarna was a red-herring for Mesaana's identity. In fact until KoD was release she was as strong a contender as Danelle. Note, for instance, that when she first talks to Nynaeve the chapter icon is the Forsaken symbol, though no Forsaken are present in that chapter.

Effectively RJ was being tricky.

• 9 years later...