DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I'm trying to figure out Min's viewings

Lessa Nikia

So I'm trying to puzzle out what Min's viewings all mean because I have yet to find a site that has all interperetions. I have few that have been really bugging me.

First:Mat-Min saw this back in tEotW, "a laughing face"

Second:Rand-Min saw this, once again in tEotW, "white-hot iron"

Third:Elayne-Min saw this in tGH, "a red-hot iron and an axe. means trouble and in the future

Any thoughts?

I'll throw out a few ideas about Mat's 'laughing face' viewing.

It could just be him being the representation of the 'trickster' or 'joker', as the Aelfinn said "Go to Rhuidean, son of battles! Go to Rhuidean, trickster! Go, gambler! Go!"

The face could be Tuon. In Knife of Dreams as they traveled with Valan Luca's circus, he made her laugh several times. This relationship will likely go a long way towards some sort of accord between Seanchan and the forces of the Dragon Reborn.

Since Min has never seen Tuon she's had no opportunity to make a connection if that is in fact the case. It's a real shame she didn't go with Rand when they did meet.

First:Mat-Min saw this back in tEotW, "a laughing face"

Mat is going to reveal that he is actualy, and always has been, one of Bela's minions, and then he and Bela will conquer all with the Band of the Red Hand. That will give Mat reason to laugh an evil laugh of victory.

Second:Rand-Min saw this, once again in tEotW, "white-hot iron"

Mat turns on Bela and brands her with an emblem of the fox head, which had to be heated up first until it was white-hot iron.

Third:Elayne-Min saw this in tGH, "a red-hot iron and an axe. means trouble and in the future

Perin gets pissed off about Mat, and even more pissed that Rand's too busy to do anything about it, so he uses his hammer to pound some red-hot iron into a new axe head, since he ditched his old axe in Winter's Heart, and then chops off Elayne's head in an atempt to punish Rand for not punishing Mat.

LOL!!That made my day :biggrin: But seriously?

Okay. Well, seriously, regarding Mat and the laughing face, I always just assumed it was a symbol of Mat's personality, how he seldom takes things as seriously as he should. I thought maybe the viewing implied that he would never change, and no matter how much crap he goes through, he'll keep his sense of humor.

Regarding Rand and the white hot iron, could be balefire, as was suggested, or it could be a symbol of the fact that he would be tempered until he was harder than steel. To temper a blade you heat it and cool it over and over. I assume that the hotter you get the metal the harder it will become, hense the white-hot instead of red-hot. Any blacksmiths, feel free to correct me.

Regarding Perrin. It could mean that he will have two paths. Either he can remain a blacksmith (the red hot iron) or he can become a warrior, the axe. Or maybe the red hot iron symbolizes his skills in general, and having it followed by the axe means that his skills will be put to use in violence and killing. Which they have been.

LOL!!That made my day :biggrin: But seriously?

Okay. Well, seriously, regarding Mat and the laughing face, I always just assumed it was a symbol of Mat's personality, how he seldom takes things as seriously as he should. I thought maybe the viewing implied that he would never change, and no matter how much crap he goes through, he'll keep his sense of humor.

Regarding Rand and the white hot iron, could be balefire, as was suggested, or it could be a symbol of the fact that he would be tempered until he was harder than steel. To temper a blade you heat it and cool it over and over. I assume that the hotter you get the metal the harder it will become, hense the white-hot instead of red-hot. Any blacksmiths, feel free to correct me.

Regarding Perrin. It could mean that he will have two paths. Either he can remain a blacksmith (the red hot iron) or he can become a warrior, the axe. Or maybe the red hot iron symbolizes his skills in general, and having it followed by the axe means that his skills will be put to use in violence and killing. Which they have been.

The last one was actually about Elayne, not Perrin. And unfortuanately, I have no idea about the viewings.

Min also had a viewing about Elayne of severed hand, which was not hers. If we add to that the viewing about red-hot iron and an axe, they could be about the same thing - Rand losing his hand due to Semirhage's fireball.

Red-hot iron also give an association with blacksmiths. Perrin is a blacksmith, used the axe for his weapon for a long time, and his raising of Manetheren's banner and self-proclaimed lordhsip created some trouble for Elayne as the Andoran Queen, so this is another potential interpretation of the viewing.

Min also had a viewing about Elayne of severed hand, which was not hers. If we add to that the viewing about red-hot iron part and an axe, they could be about the same thing - Rand losing his hand due to Semirhage's fireball.

Red-hot iron also give an association with blacksmiths. Perrin is a blacksmith, used the axe for his weapon for a long time, and his raising of Manetheren's banner and self-proclaimed lordhsip created some trouble for Elayne as the Andoran Queen, so this is another potential interpretation of the viewing.

That sounds like it's probably dead on.

I forgot that one was about Elayne, doh!

Archived