DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Questions of the Horn

Nae Bliss

Question number one is why is "Moridin" capitalized in the Horn inscription?

And number two, is when Mat died when Rand was fighting Rahvin did that break his link to the Horn?

I am unsure on whether these things have been discussed recently, or ever... I would have looked but my search function is disabled. T_T

The word "moridin" means "grave" or "tomb," but when capitalized it means "the grave," standing for "death."
Obviously, though, that answer was from before Moridin's introduction in ACOS. The interview database doesn't say anything further.

Nor does it seem to provide any answers about Mat's link to the Horn. I would kinda presume that it's still in place, but I don't think there's any reason other than expectations about narrative structure to believe that.

Thanks, I was just wondering about the Moridin thing in case there was some prophecy/ foreteling that I didn't know about.

And the Mat thing just made me wonder because, doesn't it say somewhere that the horn will only work for one person until that person dies, or something similar.

Mat did die then so I was unsure if it would count or not.

It could be a twist if Mat's link to the Horn had suddenly broken, I'm not sure it's been ruled out, however I'm pretty sure that the fact that he's alive again through balefire means that his death never happened, or at least that the Pattern doesn't recognize it.

It could be a twist if Mat's link to the Horn had suddenly broken, I'm not sure it's been ruled out, however I'm pretty sure that the fact that he's alive again through balefire means that his death never happened, or at least that the Pattern doesn't recognize it.

I'm so sure though because that's how he was "to die and live again" according to the Aelfinn.

Because of that I think the link may be broken.

I'm so sure though because that's how he was "to die and live again" according to the Aelfinn.

Because of that I think the link may be broken.

The Link is not broken, someone asked Robert Jordan this same question and he said the link was not broken and that Matt had not actually died, but just come very close to death.

The Link is not broken, someone asked Robert Jordan this same question and he said the link was not broken
Do you have a link?
Matt had not actually died, but just come very close to death.
That was the answer he gave about Mat (one t)'s hanging in Rhuidean. In Caemlyn he was most definitely dead.

Only Siuan & Verin knew the location of the Horn; and I take they have not told anyone else; and I take no one else discovered exactly where. So no one could have blown it when Mat was dead.

Though supposing someone did blow it in the time; balefire reverses the actions the victim done & caused.

The possible events would have been these::

-Rahvin somehow getting hold of the Horn and blowing it.

-Rahvin having a servant blow it.

-Someone "separate" from Rahvin blowing it.

In those first two cases, the blowing would probably have been reversed.

In that last case, it is unknown what would have happened. Though I doubt this sort of thing could be "auto corrected".

Archived