DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who is that Taim guy, really?

part

This is the place for your theories! Personally, I think that Moridin is somehow posing as Taim. Which, admittedly, I have practically no evidence for. However! At some point in either TGS or ToM Taim's palace was noted to be decorated mostly in black and red. Likewise at some point in those books, I think Graendal remarks on Moridin's odd preference for red and black decorations. Coincidence? I THINK NOT.

So yeah, there ya go. Lay it on me.

Unscramble the letters MAZRIM TAIM and you get I AM MATRIM Z.

Taim is actually Mat Cauthon. Here's how it happened. Mat will die heroically at some time long after the Last Battle and be bound to the Wheel as a Hero of the Horn. Because time is circular, the Dark One knows this and had older-hero-Mat ripped out of TAR and corrupted by 13 Fades. He also brought out Mat's latent channeling ability that came with the Old Blood of Manetheren. Now the corrupted Mat-clone is the Dark One's agent.

What's the Z in Matrim Z mean? Z is the last letter of the alphabet, the Omega, the end. Because he was ripped from TAR, he can't be reborn from the Wheel any more.

Archived