DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Chcolate Recipe Thread

Reyn

In honor of "Chocolate covered everything" day on December 16th, the Red Ajah is hosting a series of threads to enjoy complete chocolatey goodness!!

*Has the warders carry out the chocolate fountain from the Red Halls, setting it up for the enjoyment of all*

In this thread I would like to see all your creative ideas and recipes for something that is deliciously chocolatey or at least chocolate covered! Please give us detailed directions so we can make these ourselves to enjoy later! I will allow recipes to be posted through December 18th, at which time the Red Aes Sedai will award a chocolatey treat to the post of the Most Creative Chocolate Creation, as well as hold votes for the Community Choice Chocolate Creation.

I will start with a simple treat I like to make around Christmas...

PUPPY CHOW

Ingredients :

Nestle Semi-sweet chocolate chips

Peanut Butter

Butter

Chex Cereal

Confectionary Sugar

Mix butter, chocolate, and peanut butter together. Heat in microwave until melted to a more liquid-like substance. Pour over chex and mix around until chex are covered well. Put confectionary sugar in a ziploc bag and put covered chex in, seal bag and shake gently until sugar covers the chex. Lay out on wax paper to cool.

I'll add details of AMOUNTS later when I go look it up (can't remember off the top of my head =P)

Chocolate lover's chocolate mousse pie.

So good. I don't know the recipe, but you use the oreo pie shell. make chocolate mousse with some mint chocolate mixed in. then, drizzle the mint chocolate on top and let harden after the mousse settles or w/e it does in the fridge.

it's so damn delicious.

EPIC Chocolate Brownies

1tbs vanilla extract

2 1/2 c. sugar

1 1/2 c. flour

1 tbs salt

230g chocolate (your choice. i used semi sweet and dark)

1 c. butter (and a little for greasing the pan)

5 eggs (sounds like a lot but it makes a LOT of brownies)

preheat your oven to 190C

in a pot, melt the butter, cut down to low heat and melt in the chocolate, make sure you continuously stir so it doesn't burn the chocolate then set it to the side so it can cool.

in your mixing bowl, mix the eggs and vanilla.

in a separate bowl sift the flour together with the salt.

now, mix the sugar into the eggs and then pour in your cooled but NOT stiffened chocolate mixture. make sure its cool, because if you pour it right into the eggs and sugar while its hot, you'll get scrambled eggs and have to pour all that mix out and start over.

add your liquid mixture to your flour mixture and thoroughly mix. you shouldn't get too many lumps if you sift the flour. if you don't sift the flour, then mix til its mostly smooth.

now, grease a 9x13inch pan for the oven. and cook for 10-15 mins or until a fork comes clean from the brownies.

let cool before you eat or you'll get gooey lumps on a plate versus a brownie square.

Best Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies :biggrin:

250g plain flour

1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

170g unsalted butter, melted

200g dark brown soft sugar

100g caster sugar

1 tablespoon vanilla extract

1 egg

1 egg yolk

325g chocolate chips

A friend made these for a husband birthday and they were great!!

Cream cheese chocolate dip.

8 ounces cream cheese, softened

1/2 cup real butter, softened

1/4 teaspoon vanilla

3/4 cup powdered sugar

2 tablespoons brown sugar

3/4 cup mini chocolate chip

Change Measurements: US | Metric

Directions:Prep Time: 10 mins

Total Time: 10 mins

1 Beat cheese, butter and vanilla until fluffy.

2 Gradually add sugars and beat until combined.

3 Stir in chocolate chips.

4 Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

Best dip ever for veggies and fruit!

Archived