DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Moiraine

ONeill

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cwestervelt

Only if people go into the Tower of Ghengi of through the door in Tear. The Finn's can't take direct action.

Everything RJ has written so far in KoD with Mat and Thom has lead up to her being rescued. Mat, Thom, and Noal or Aludra will go in there.

Aludra for fire to blind

Thom for music to daze

Mat for iron to bind

I also have a feeling Noal has been in through the tower before, or at least knows something about it since he talks about it as if he has been there.

The way to get in is to walk around it three times. As Perrin was just about to walk around it in the World of Dreams for the third time, Birgitte stopped him. This coincides with the fairy legends they are based on, and I don't think it was any coincidence.

Guest Majsju
I also have a feeling Noal has been in through the tower before' date=' or at least knows something about it since he talks about it as if he has been there.[/quote']

When they talk about it, Noal doesn't know where the tower is, he thinks it's located somewhere along the Shadow coast, which of course is way off.

:idea: I remember running across a post on WoTA about Noal possibly being Jain Farstrider, which makes sense considering how much he seems to know about Shara and Jain's travels, as well as the obvious regret in his voice when he talks about Jain leaving his dying wife.

:idea: I remember running across a post on WoTA about Noal possibly being Jain Farstrider' date=' which makes sense considering how much he seems to know about Shara and Jain's travels, as well as the obvious regret in his voice when he talks about Jain leaving his dying wife.[/quote']

yes, it is commonly belived that Jain and Noal are one in the same, as well as that Noal may have been the old man with Greandal(sp?)

I also have a feeling Noal has been in through the tower before' date=' or at least knows something about it since he talks about it as if he has been there.[/quote']

When they talk about it, Noal doesn't know where the tower is, he thinks it's located somewhere along the Shadow coast, which of course is way off.

Noal might've been pretending not to know so no one would suspect, but I believe there is a quote where he says that the Tower is dangerous. When asked about it, he replies that he has only heard stories. If he really is Jain Farstrider, he has probably seen and heard more than stories. He might no more about it that he lets on, though I don't actually think he has been IN the Tower. He might've gone through the ter'angreal portals sometime.

When does Olver tell them how to get in? I must've skipped over that part?

She must return! RJ promised! :P

She will return 10ft. tall and farting fire. She pwns the dark one and becomes the dragon reborn herself, and says "Screw you" to all the prophesies.

Seriously, If she doesn't return then the set up in KoD is worthless. Matt has to fight the last battle, RJ said none of the Taveren are gonna snuff it before the battle, and I'd say that botching the rescue is somthing that would kill him.

Moiraine rocks! I can't wait to read it!

Are yah sure it'll be Aludra? Ive got the feeling it'll be Noal with Iron (his knives) and mat with fire (his fascination with fire works)

Yep that makes sense.

<knife of dreams spoilers>

Mat is learning Aludra's secrets isn't he? I don't think she would be interested in going off with them on a side-quest anyway. She's more interested in smiting the Seanchan with her cannon-things

It can't possibly be Aludra because Moiriane specifically says that it has to be a man who goes with Mat and Thom, so she's out.

Olver isn't going to go because there's nothing he can offer in rescuing Moiriane. All of his information is already given to us, that they have to draw the figure on the tower. Not much more to do.

Noal has already agreed to go, if he is in fact Jan Farstrider he can offer information that could help, if he's only a relation he can still offer information that can help. I admit that he has nothing to do with fire, and that it is Thom who reaches into the fire in the vision, but it's still going to be Noal. He's the best applicant. Unless it's another man we haven't thought of. But seeing as there aren't any other men with Mat that I can think of, it's got to be Noal.

It's so exciting, isn't it? Moiraine alive! A rescue mission! Jain Fairstrider!!!!

I don't think Olver is going to go. I don't know what his part to play is, but I can only see him getting in the way if he accompanies Mat and Thom to the Tower.

I too think Noal is Jain Fairstrider and that he is the third.

I am also curious to know what Moiraine will make Mat do once she is free. Will she have Mat take her to Tar Valon? To Rand? How will they know where Rand is? perhaps Mat's wirlpools of colour will provide the answer and Moiraine will be able to tell Mat what they mean finally.

Ahh, Moiraine, sweet Moiraine and answers, sweet, SWEET answers!

Robert Jordan better spend more than half a chapter on bringing back Moiriane! Her coming back is like the reserection of Jesus at Easter. And with her obvious new powers she can travel Mat and Thom to Rand no problem. I've been waiting 6 years for Moiriane to come back, and I better get more than half a chapter for it. Unless it's a really long chapter.

Archived