DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tam

Delvoire

Ok, I skimmed through this part of the forums and didn't see anything. I'm currently reading ToM and I am near completion. One thing that really has bothered me though is Tam. Near the early parts of the book Rand had him brought to Tear and then gave him a task. I thought it was doing something in the Two Rivers but I may be mistaken. After this happens though in Perrins Arc he always refers to Tam as being there and training the Mercenaries. He never says anything about Tam being gone. Later Tam does leave but the time frame isn't right for the meeting in Tear. I assumed this was him leaving for the big confrontation that Egwene has planned for Rand. So has anyone else noticed this..or is it just myself?

It was noticed and it can be jarring. Perrin's storyline starts in Towers of Midnight alongside the start of Rand and Egwene's storylines in The Gathering Storm. This is why Tam seemingly appeared in two places at once in the storyline.

The same thing happens with Elayne's storyline. Elayne's storyline starts iirc, after the attack on the White Tower by the Seanchan. After this scene though, Elayne's storyline jumps back in time 2 weeks or so. It's a flaw in splitting the storylines into different books that were outlined by Robert Jordan to run alongside each other.

A mod should move this question into the questions and answers thread in this forum, if that's possible me thinks.

Ok cool. thanks for the info. Sorry for posting in the wrong spot :(

I kinda thought they timelines must not be running together..but I thought when Perrin was having Rand-o-Color flashes they were pretty accurate to Rands short parts in ToM.

Once again thanks :)

One thing that confused me about Tam and the time-line was after the two lines synced. Tam leaves to see rand before the trial. Later in the book we have Rand send Tam back to the two Rivers to gather more men. We also have Perrin mention or at least think that Tam is gathering men in the two rivers. I do not recall that we ever had an onscreen catch up between Tam and Perrin

something like.

P: Ho there Tam good to have you back

T: Glad to be back. Listen, Rand wants me to gather more from the Two Rivers for the last battle.

P: Sounds good. see you later.

So did I miss something?

One thing that confused me about Tam and the time-line was after the two lines synced. Tam leaves to see rand before the trial. Later in the book we have Rand send Tam back to the two Rivers to gather more men. We also have Perrin mention or at least think that Tam is gathering men in the two rivers. I do not recall that we ever had an onscreen catch up between Tam and Perrin

something like.

P: Ho there Tam good to have you back

T: Glad to be back. Listen, Rand wants me to gather more from the Two Rivers for the last battle.

P: Sounds good. see you later.

So did I miss something?

I think it's more likely that possibly Perrin saw a scene on his TV (ta'veren vision) of Rand opening a Gateway and Tam going through, with Perrin able to see the TR through the Gateway and Perrin just assumed that gathering men is why Rand sent Tam back. I don't know really it was just a way to work in the Ta'veren Vision (TV) thought. :wink:

Archived