DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I'm still pretty damn sure that Taim is Demandred.

Darkenmal

What do you think?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Is Demandred Mazrim Taim?

• By god.. this guy's onto something!
    • Maybe.
    • RJ never lied. He was a god among mortal men.
    • N.O.
    • Y.E.S.
    • A bowl of cereal.
    • A Wizard Did it.
    • Neutral.

Figured this out in the other Taim thread:

Unscramble the letters MAZRIM TAIM and you get I AM MATRIM Z.

Taim is actually Mat Cauthon. Here's how it happened. Mat will die heroically at some time long after the Last Battle and be bound to the Wheel as a Hero of the Horn. Because time is circular, the Dark One knows this and had older-hero-Mat ripped out of TAR and corrupted by 13 Fades. He also brought out Mat's latent channeling ability that came with the Old Blood of Manetheren. Now the corrupted Mat-clone is the Dark One's agent.

What's the Z in Matrim Z mean? Z is the last letter of the alphabet, the Omega, the end. Because he was ripped from TAR, he can't be reborn from the Wheel any more.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Figured this out in the other Taim thread:

Unscramble the letters MAZRIM TAIM and you get I AM MATRIM Z.

Taim is actually Mat Cauthon. Here's how it happened. Mat will die heroically at some time long after the Last Battle and be bound to the Wheel as a Hero of the Horn. Because time is circular, the Dark One knows this and had older-hero-Mat ripped out of TAR and corrupted by 13 Fades. He also brought out Mat's latent channeling ability that came with the Old Blood of Manetheren. Now the corrupted Mat-clone is the Dark One's agent.

What's the Z in Matrim Z mean? Z is the last letter of the alphabet, the Omega, the end. Because he was ripped from TAR, he can't be reborn from the Wheel any more.

I thought the 'Z' was really funny until you explained it. I AM MATRIM...... z. Lol it's funnier if you just ignore the fact that it's there.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe it's been mentioned before, but why can't Taim's knowledge of the Age of Legends just be a result of channeling madness? After all, Rand knew things from the AoL because he heard Lews Therin's voice in his head. And, from what Semirhage said when she was being captured, he's not the only one this has ever happened too. I don't remember Taim ever talking to himself, but maybe he just believes that he's the rebirth of someone from the AoL and has some past-life memories to back him up.

Maybe Taim believes he's Demandred! After all, there's way too much evidence for it to be coincidence.

Archived