DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Encyclopaedia WoT Question

brollyparagus

Hello all! First off, I am truly happy to see such a great community of fans for the WoT series (well, Theoryland as well but I'm not sure if I'm to mention them here lest a ban is in order, in which case I've never mentioned who-y-land).

I wanted to know if someone could let everyone know when Encyclopaedia WoT (http://www.encyclopaedia-wot.org/) will be updated with regards to all of the books (including ToM) since I've had the impression that some of the members here contribute to that website. If not, I apologize for any lack of hindsight.

Cheers!

Hello all! First off, I am truly happy to see such a great community of fans for the WoT series (well, Theoryland as well but I'm not sure if I'm to mention them here lest a ban is in order, in which case I've never mentioned who-y-land).

I wanted to know if someone could let everyone know when Encyclopaedia WoT (http://www.encyclopaedia-wot.org/) will be updated with regards to all of the books (including ToM) since I've had the impression that some of the members here contribute to that website. If not, I apologize for any lack of hindsight.

Cheers!

What I understand from reading other threads is that the Mods of the EWoT are compiling the necessary changes to be made and expect to make the update all at one time, as opposed to each topic at a time. That being said, I wouldn't expect a ToM update for a few more months yet just because of the sheer volume of info that needs updating/adding. Every individual character in ToM needs to be cataloged, their actions recorded and then their entry edited to include the new info, and that's just characters. All of the Mods there, and here, do this in their spare time so all of these things are being one when they can find the hours to spare for it.

BTW: Theoryland is not an off-limits topic on the DM boards. I have seen many posts here quoting or linking to the Theoryland database. Another site you might want to look over as it is also quoted here often is the 13th Depository.

Cheers!

What I understand from reading other threads is that the Mods of the EWoT are compiling the necessary changes to be made and expect to make the update all at one time, as opposed to each topic at a time. That being said, I wouldn't expect a ToM update for a few more months yet just because of the sheer volume of info that needs updating/adding. Every individual character in ToM needs to be cataloged, their actions recorded and then their entry edited to include the new info, and that's just characters. All of the Mods there, and here, do this in their spare time so all of these things are being one when they can find the hours to spare for it.

BTW: Theoryland is not an off-limits topic on the DM boards. I have seen many posts here quoting or linking to the Theoryland database. Another site you might want to look over as it is also quoted here often is the 13th Depository.

Thank you very much for your kind reply (and link)! I certainly did not hope to see the information updated anytime soon considering it did take a while before TGS had been updated on EWoT. However, I was unsure of how long the time frame had been, so this helps a lot.

EWoT is updated by one dude, Bob Klutz. It'll take him some time, but since he was a beta reader for TofM, he got a head start. He should have an email address listed on the site somewhere where you can contact him for an ETA.

Bob Klutz does that himself? I just assumed he had at least a couple people working with him on it. It's an amazing site no matter how many people are in on it, and if it's just him doing the whole thing, well... that's just truly remarkable.

• 1 month later...

Archived