White Tower Database Project

Matalina

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok all looks great to me, Mat. I really wish someone else would just cross check for me, but meh ... want my new shiny! lol

lol

Okay I'll work on the last forms today and then start moving things from the test site to the live site. That will probably take a while since I have to do alot by hand.

Mat

Alrighty the Objects of power forms are done and tested. I will start moving things over as soon as I can.

The theme will go live as soon as I put it on the server. You can show that off. All the rest will not be up until I get the menu working and the new pages created for the database. HOWEVER, once you see the new theme up you can start adding characters to the database. You just won't be able to see them publicly until I create the pages.

Mat

New Theme is live a Temporary Menu is in place I will first make a duplicate menu of the dev site. This will hide the new pages I'll be working on afterwards until we are done with them and they can all go live at the same time.

First the menu.

If someone is ambitions they can copy the forms from the admin panel of the dev site to the admin panel of the live site. If you want to do this let me know and I'll get you access to the dev site. And tell you what needs to be done.

You can start adding in characters just remember that nothing will show up on the site until I make the right pages. You should however be able to view them by clicking on the view link in the admin panel.

Mat

*Does happy chicken dance*

Ok I haven't the foggiest clue what you mean by

If someone is ambitions they can copy the forms from the admin panel of the dev site to the admin panel of the live site. If you want to do this let me know and I'll get you access to the dev site. And tell you what needs to be done.

Is this something I can do if you explain it to me in idiot speak? If not, probably a job for Taei?

As for starting to add the characters - exactly what address do we go to now to do that?

Note to main staff (Taei, Ama & Rashi):

Will you guys be able to help me add characters? I'd like to keep it to just main staff, because you guys are the only ones who have admin access to all the google docs and the old site.

Please let me know asap if you're able to help, so we can start dividing up the characters between us.

To add new characters you need to go to the white tower site admin panel http://whitetower.aliciawilkerson.com/wp-admin

What I mean is you have to create a new "contact form" copy two text boxes and changes a few text areas so that things are sent right.

I can do it but those will be the last things I do as it's a bunch of copy and paste and making sure it's all right.

Mat

All the new pages except forms are created I will do forms tomorrow.

I forgot to make one page so it says Coming Soon! The NSW page will be pulled from the database when I get a chance to make the code it won't take long but my weekend is about to start.

So Monday the rest will be done.

Mat

Note to main staff (Taei, Ama & Rashi):

Will you guys be able to help me add characters? I'd like to keep it to just main staff, because you guys are the only ones who have admin access to all the google docs and the old site.

*nods* Just tell me when and how you want to assign things etc.

All forms have been sent as a test. Let me know if you do not get one of the following emails:

Bio Submission

Inborn Spark

Bond Info

Talent Request

Submit an Angreal

Submit a Ter'angreal

Request an Angreal

Request a Ter'angreal

BRS Request

All forms have been sent as a test. Let me know if you do not get one of the following emails:

Bio Submission - bio email - check

Inborn Spark - bio email - check

Bond Info - staff email - check

Talent Request - staff email - check

Submit an Angreal - staff email - check

Submit a Ter'angreal - staff email - check

Request an Angreal - staff email - check

Request a Ter'angreal - not received

BRS Request - staff email - check

Looks like all of them worked except the Request a Ter'Angreal one.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay I think I've finished everything I had intended to do. I'll remain on this forum for a bit longer if you need assistance, then I will be asked to be removed and you'll need to contact me through email or through IM.

All emails for support should go to alicia@alikat-designs.com (please do not send support emails to matalina@gmail.com I like to keep my work in one place, thank you.)

IMs:

AIM: avenderosa

MSN: matalina@dragonmount

gtalk: matalina(@gmail.com)

yahoo: matalina_gaidin

In IMs please tell me who you are if you have to add me to your list or you might just not get added and then I can't help you. These are my private IMs but as this is DM it's just easier to give you these.

Mat

Mat, I have a question re the OP scores. We have it up everywhere in the following sequence:

Strength, then Skill, then Potency. I see that it's showing up as Skill, then Strength, then Potency, now. Did you swap that recently? Is it possible to put it as Strength, then Skill? It's going to be a bit confusing to have it 2 different ways.