DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

'ello! How about some Q&A?

melgrace_67

what about u?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your favorite character out of the choices(keep it under 3 please)?

2. 2. Fave book?

so, if you haven't guessed already, i'm a newbie, and since i'm not to good with actually writing up some amazing concise introduction, i thought i'd just answer some basic q's. feel free to add ur own

Which of the series is my fave? i'd have to say it's impossible to choose, but i do love certain parts such as; rand learning of the aiel history, mat's interactions with others (just in general), egwene and all of her little triumphs and trivialities, and much much more.

who's my favorite guy character? it's gotta be either mat or perrin, but mat's more of the blunt comedy that i love to hear, so i guess he wins, but don't forget talmanes, he has a dry sense of humor hidden beneath the surface

Who's my favorite girl character? definitely egwene. i love how strong she is, and how willing to learn. her only weakness is those seanchan, but now that the forsaken are distracted, maybe somehow rand will help her make amends, or at least to work w/them until after the last battle

Where would i like to live in the wot world? baerlon, i love that it's small, but still near the big city. plus, if i was to live there, andor would be my pick of region to live in. i just love those wooded forests and mountains

so, and q's for me? that's all i got at the moment

A new twist on the whole intro thread...I like it :biggrin: I'm Lessa and Welcome to DM!

I'm from the Warders Guild in the White Tower and you should really check it out. I've made alot of good friends over there and it doesn't matter who you are. Don't forget you can also be part of more than one org So come stop by the White Tower and the Warders Guild because they will be happy to meet you :biggrin:

Hello Kela I like your Vote questions.

Im Egwene, Novice in the White Tower SG and a Wise One to the Aiel. Im 23 and I live in England. I started reading WoT in 2007 and havnt stoped. Ofcourse my Favorite Girl is Egwene, shes been my fav since the start, and my favorite Guy is Rand.

Make yourself at home in the Mount and have alook about, there is alot to do here. If you have any questions just give us a PM :biggrin:

-Egwene-

Hi Keladria!!!! Welcome to DM :smile:

You left out Nynaeve...boohoohoo...My fav is Nynaeve. But I like almost all too, Siuan, Avi, Min, Moiraine, Egwene etc all included.

I didn't pay much attention to Egwene at first, but when she started learning with the Aiel, I liked her alot more. I think she was awesome in TGS (and former books) where she stood up to Elaida and the rest. I think she's making assumptions and is misleading herself a bit now...but I still like her.

Hey! so sorry, about that.... i think i'll change one of the minor characters, like talmanes maybe, to nynaeve for you :D

i agree mostly with you about egwene, but for some reason, there was always something about her that stood out to me, even in the being. I didn't really become a fan until the aiel training stuff either :)

thank you!!! we just can't leave Nyn out of anything *shakes head*

well, i need to read the first books again. I had to read the first 3 in german, and each was divided into up to 4 books itself, so i guess i got a bit confused. my memories of those books aren't very clear because of that, and i need to read them as a whole to pay more attention to the characters.

Two languages!? I can just about manage English, I did a french class last month.......didnt go well.

I Started reading in norwegian, They are not as divided as the german ones.. But the translators in Norway, is incredibly bad at their job so I switched to English.. I remember the first book in my possesion, it was a good gift idea gone bad from my aunt.. She got me, book 2: part 2.. He he.. So to be able to read my birthday gift, I had to buy 3 more books.. :rolleyes:

lol that would of driven me mad, but I think that is a good way to learn a new langauge :biggrin:

Yes It helpes alot, atleast in the writing department, Not so much in the oral one. :tongue: I always try to read books in the original language, if I know it. There really is no otherway to get exactly what the writer meant if you read the translated books.

that's awesome, but i'm with egwene there, learning a second language is not my thing. That was a gift? Did she know that you were learning it something and so decided to 'help' you out or something?

No, more like the oposite, I don't have english as my first language.. I'm a proud norwegian, and english has always been hard for me as I have no ear for languages.. Still.. With the help of our good friend Robert Jordan, I ended up going out of high school with a B! in english. :biggrin: Must add that before reading that much english, I was often at an E or D.. :sad:

Corrected spelling from my tired eyes this morning..

Archived