DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Nominate Your Christmas Carols!!! 2010 Contest

Corki

December is here and Christmas is just around the corner. Roll on next week when my accountancy exams will be out of the way and I can enjoy the festive period! Last year we had "It's A Knockout" contests for Christmas Carols and your favourite songs. And we shall be having the same again this year!

As we move into the third "It's A Knockout" Contest for carols (2008 and 2009), for the first time ever, I am allowing you to nominate your carols after I have picked them for two years. So this thread allows you to nominate your favourite Christmas carols to go into the "It's A Knockout" contest to select DM's favourite Christmas Carol for 2010. And below is what you need to do!

Between now and TUESDAY 14TH DECEMBER 2010, nominate your favourite Christmas Carol to challenge for the title of DM's favourite Christmas Carol. Follow the simple proforma below to get a nomination in. Name your carol, explain why you have nominated it, and provide a YouTube clip (or similar) of the carol.

[u][b]Christmas Carol:[/b][/u] 
[u][b]Reason for Nomination:[/b][/u] 
[u][b]YouTube (or similar link):[/b][/u] 

You can nominate more than one carol. Any nomination that is seconded, i.e. Krak suggests carol X and Farcrie agrees with the nomination, automatically qualifies for a place in the "It's A Knockout" contest. There will also be 4 seeded carols, which were the top 4 from when this contest was held in December 2009 (please see nominations area below for those 4 songs, or click on the link here). Otherwise, it will be done on a first come, first served basis. If there are any gaps at the end of the nomination period, I will fill in the gaps.

PLEASE NOTE (1): I am looking for a minimum of 8 nominations, and a maximum of 16. If we get more than 16, all the better!

If you have any questions, please post them in this thread.

PLEASE NOTE (2): This thread is for Carols only. Any other Christmas music should be nominated in this thread.

Nominated Carols

Total number of tracks selected: 4

Seeded (and with an automatic place in the "It's A Knockout" contest)

1. O Come All Ye Faithful (2008 seeding: 2)

2. Once in a Royal David's City (2008 seeding: 4)

3. O Little Town of Bethlehem (3) (2008 seeding: 3)

4. O Come, O Come, Emmanuel (2008 seeding: new for 2009)

Seconded (and with an automatic place in the "It's A Knockout" contest)

Nominated

Added by Corki

Seeded (and with an automatic place in the "It's A Knockout" contest)

1. O Come All Ye Faithful (2008 seeding: 2)

2. Once in a Royal David's City (2008 seeding: 4)

3. O Little Town of Bethlehem (3) (2008 seeding: 3)

4. O Come, O Come, Emmanuel (2008 seeding: new for 2009)

Please do not vote or nominate these! They have already qualified!

Christmas Carol: Mary did you know?

Reason for Nomination: It's not that well known but one of my top favorites

YouTube (or similar link):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFPHIK9ann8

Christmas Carol: Carol of the Bells done by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Reason for Nomination: Old fashioned carol mixed with an orchestral rock feel with driving energetic rhythms....just amazing :D

YouTube (or similar link):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vNcGlM8O3I

Archived