DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

CHRISTMAS MAFIA - GAME THREAD - GAME OVER

Talya

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Club Leader

Just checking in. I'm having some computer problems (nothing that keeps me off the net) and it's taking most of my attention. But I'm here now and then. I'm not a fan of day one anyway, so I'll just lie low for now and work on my computer. Okay with you guys? lol

I'm honestly just waiting for things to pick up a bit. Bloodthirsty bandwagoning gets more done than anything else that's happening at the moment.

Hey, I should sit and analyze everyone's interactions in great detail....

"Should" being the key word there. I have to shut my computer down at least 2 hours before bed to help me sleep, so I have about 15 minutes to finish everything up.

I don't honestly think MCS is scum at this point; no one is really pinging my radar at this point, though that's only because Thorum ALWAYS pings my radar so I don't count him yet. :tongue: I'm kind of looking at Wombat, but not really; it's only Day 1 after all, chances are it's not going to be dead obvious who's scum from the little that's happened so far.

Let's get posting, folks! Talking makes it easier to figure out who's scum--the more you talk, the more chances you have to slip up if you're a bad guy.

And no, posting large posts is NOT "posting huge walls of text that make it impossible to read and therefore must be a scum tactic." (Pet peeve of mine is hearing people complain about someone posting more than a single paragraph or something similar; if you're not willing to put a little effort into reading what someone took the time to say, why are you here?)

Talking is GOOD. :biggrin:

• Club Leader

The best tactic I've found to find scum is to put a bit of pressure on someone and watch how they react. Waiting until the deadline to build up a lynch ballot on anyone really doesn't help the town much. It would be better to have pressured two or three people by then, but bandwagoning is looked at as scummy, so how do we do that? Anybody have any thoughts on that?

I just wait until someone pings my radar but that usually takes less than a page.

Who's on your radar at the moment? By my 40 posts a page, we're on page two. *gently pokes*

I always find talking to be the best method, though excessive "wot's" can be a tad frustrating when you have to read from your phone. lol

I quoted both the posts he has made, just to make sure I pointed out everything he has said so far.

Voting lessa

Because you're the only player I don't know at all.

Who's going for a bandwagon super duper fast? We haven't even finished page 3, and FOUR people have already voted mcs.

In expect about half of these will turn out mafia:

- if mcs is mafia, they are safe for 1 or 2 days more;

- if mcs is town, they've all survived day 1.

Hence: Wombat

Because he was third (second can be coincidence).

First, it is day 1, IF we get a lynch, it's usually a bandwagon. There is nothing really to go on, especially since not many people are posting much.

Second, sacrificing your scum teammate on day 1 would be just SILLY if you look at the numbers of town-scum ratio. They need their numbers to win, and on day 1 it's really easy to NOT vote someone. Not saying they for sure wont, because honestly, whenever I guess what mafia "should" do, they do something I didn't even think of.

That being said, I have no reason to think MCS is scum right now (and no reason not to), so in all likelyhood there could very well be a scumbag on his small bandwagon already.

However, I'm not really liking your reasoning for some reason. It's just setting off alarms in my head.

Vote Thorum

Also, just being OCD, but you posted that about halfway through page 2 on the default setting, not page 3... And you never unvoted from Lessa. Do we need to make sure we unvote first Talya dear?

I hate unvoting.

Reread my second post. I addressed both your concerns with it there.

My problem with the bandwagon is not that it happens day one, but that it happens PAGE 1 and 2.

However, I've noticed something else in these 4 pages: Wombat keeps on hinting at tmd. Why?

If you cannot say, just say so.

It snowed all night. I'm a happy camper right now. Ok, back to the game. Hi, Lily! Am I pinging you yet? LOL. We have no time limit yet, so I have no problem putting a little pressure on someone to see what shakes loose. The problem is who to put pressure on. MCS or Wombat? While MCS has more votes, I think I'd be more interested in seeing something from Wombat.

UNVOTE

VOTE WOMBAT

I would prefer people to unvote, it does help. I may miss it otherwise. But I will take it that if you vote for someone else, you last vote will be discounted.

Kemian (1): Song

Locke(0): Aemon

Wombat (3): Meesh, Ty, Thorum, Aemon

Krak (2): AJ, Lessa

Lessa (0): Thorum

MCS (3): Locke, Lily, Wombat, Meesh

Thorum (2): Led, Adella

Lily (0): MCS

TMD (1): Wombat

Song (2): Krak, Kemian

Not voting: MCS, Talm, Tinks, Alanna, AJ, Mottlee

There are 20 players it takes 11 to lynch.

DEADLINE: THE LYNCH WILL END 1700hrs GMT (+5 EST) on FRIDAY 10th DECEMBER

On the First day of Christmas my true love sent to me A Partridge in a Pear Tree

It's voting time. To separate this from the lynch you should bold and use Green

VOTE PEAR TREE or PARTRIDGE

You have 24 hours

Godlike is doubtful, but this is my post to push people to talk. The next one starts poking people.

Well... not the post, but me. I like to have some info to go back to from Day 1 when you're just settling into your role, thank you very much! :rolleyes:

And I'm avoiding hw, but don't tell anyone I said that.

Archived