DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

CHRISTMAS MAFIA - GAME THREAD - GAME OVER

Talya

• Club Leader

Well on the PR note, I have to say, honestly, it seemed so obvious a PR and so incredibly random, that I can't think he would choose that if he were trying to fake one, but I could always be wrong. I know it's good to look at PRs, but that one, I think, won't give us much information, as it seemed relatively pointless.

I'm also a bit curious to see if we will have the promised resurrection, but also to see the roles of the recently deceased.

Thank you for this post, Talm. I hadn't thought of that, but it does make sense that it was a bit too complicated to be faked. I'm leaning less that direction now.

Adella, I'm tending to believe your list, personally. (But that could be because I'm on it. :biggrin:)

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alanna, distract you from what? There's very little going on and none of it has involved me. Interesting theory, though. :P

You make a good point actually. I read this question and I immediately thought 'Well to distract us from...um...oh, I don't know actually.' LOL.

Interesting about that list, Adella, if it's true. I almost wish you hadn't revealed that since that is a lot of confirmed innocents, but then, I suppose it's certainly worth it if it narrows the down the possibilites for who is scum.

However, I have been thinking on this, and Kemian actually went back and quoted a relevant post for this (on accident I suppose), but Aemon's PR was very inconsistent... Doesn't that usually come out as a mod-kill for breaking your PR?

This is an interesting point, because the few times I have seen scum faked PRs, there have been inconsistencies. I was on a scum team once with someone and we gave her a fake PR, and I was worried because she messed it up a few times, and of course, wasn't modkilled because it was fake. I was surprised none of the townies picked up on that.

Oh, and about Song: she wasn't saved from a lynch, was she? I thought no majority was reached on her, so the kills that day were random for not reaching a majority.

• Club Leader

That could explain why there were four parts to the PR, I guess. PR giver is a great fake role claim, as long as there isn't one in the game. Of course, it could be real, too. I just can't decide what I think on this one.

I remember that game you were referencing, Alanna. That was fun! I don't know why the townies didn't pick up on it, either.

Alanna, distract you from what? There's very little going on and none of it has involved me. Interesting theory, though. :P

You make a good point actually. I read this question and I immediately thought 'Well to distract us from...um...oh, I don't know actually.' LOL.

Interesting about that list, Adella, if it's true. I almost wish you hadn't revealed that since that is a lot of confirmed innocents, but then, I suppose it's certainly worth it if it narrows the down the possibilites for who is scum.

However, I have been thinking on this, and Kemian actually went back and quoted a relevant post for this (on accident I suppose), but Aemon's PR was very inconsistent... Doesn't that usually come out as a mod-kill for breaking your PR?

This is an interesting point, because the few times I have seen scum faked PRs, there have been inconsistencies. I was on a scum team once with someone and we gave her a fake PR, and I was worried because she messed it up a few times, and of course, wasn't modkilled because it was fake. I was surprised none of the townies picked up on that.

Oh, and about Song: she wasn't saved from a lynch, was she? I thought no majority was reached on her, so the kills that day were random for not reaching a majority.

*headdesk* Yes... I forgot that we didn't reach a lynch in BOTH the games I'm in. Next time I will double check instead of being lazy. Speaking of being lazy, I am planning on going back and quoting all of Aemon's "PR" posts so we can compare them closely to check for consistency.

I was really looking foreward to this vote to vote FRENCH (drools). Instead we get garlic?! What's up with that?! Oh well, I guess I'll vote HEN.

Mentions food I suppose... But doesn't accuse anyone.

On a side note, I can't believe how scummy Locke is acting right now. It really blows my mind. We all k ow that locke is one of the great talkers on these boards and yet we go days without a word from him? I don't think so. My vote for today goes to Krak for much the same reason. I have my eye on you Locke.

Separate post, accuses someone, but doesn't mention food.

Krak

Solo vote only. This is a blatant disregard of ANY sort of PR.

Oh you're one to talk. You are so scummy it's dripping out of your hair. Would you like a towel for that, sir, or shall we bottle it to do some cooking later? I hear scum pies are all the rage in your circles. PersonLly o prefer a sharp cheddar to scum. I cant get enough of that golden goodness.

Hey Meesh, what would you do for a Klondike bar?

This is where it gets a bit more consistent. And the first klondike question.

Don't pretend you don't know what's happening, Locke. The more you talk the more suspicious you look. You might as well give it up right now and save us all the trouble.

No mention of food.

Are you serious, Locke? Of all the things you've done, that vote is the scummiest of them all. And I am going to take this chance to publicly accuse you of stealing my NACHO CHEESE!!! you know how much I love that stuff and you just walk off with it? Total scum.

Wombat, what would YOU do for a Klondike bar?

Second consistent post, and second klondike question.

Locke is obviously the schmoozed person around. Notice how he doesn't even bother to defend himself. And Meesh you still haven't told me what you would do for a Klondike bar

Doing ok with consistency.

Schmoozed= scummiest*

No PR recognition.

That was my first time with a PR and I have to say I enjoyed it. The PR was that I had to vehemently accuse Locke in every post and give q reason, vote for Krak, every 3 posts or so I had to express my love of cheese and finally, I had to ask two different people on two separate occasions what they would do for a Klondike bar. I have never heard of a 3-4 part PR before but there it is.

Song, did you choose who the person to receive the lynch would be or was it random?

The people who actually voted for Locke be because of my insane PR make me scratch my head. The reasons I gave were so off the wall and without gMe merit that I was sure everyone would know it was being forced by the PR. The same way I had to vote Krak.

He did NOT accuse Locke in EVERY post. Also, I have never heard of "do this every 3 posts or so" for a PR but I suppose it's possible. I'm not really convinced by this conceived PR. He would at LEAST have gotten a warning from Talya about breaking it the first time, and he did it again. Even fixing typos, I have never seen a mod let a PR fly.

The first quoted post was before i noticed the PM i had waiting for me. I was responding to the vote for hen or garlic. Kinda hard to avoid mentioning food with those choices. After that I accused Locke and voted Krak, but messed up the code or the color and had to redo it, hence the second post with only the vote. And of course the post to clarify a word. I was not called down for these two posts that I guess (technically) were out of the PR, but i really don't see why a Mod would sentence death for such corrections.

I'll admit, Adella, I'm curious to find out if Aemon is telling the truth. I'm just not sure how much I'm willing to gamble on it just yet.

I can totally understand that. I've just gotten to the point in mafia where I try to not vote for someone unless I have a decent reason as long as there is still time until the deadline.

Question? What does PR mean exactly?

Post Restriction :)

And Kemian, the thing is, you could have seen the PR later and TAKEN YOUR VOTE OFF LOCKE. Just so you know, your defense would be better if you had actually tried to unvote... Or made your own case on Locke and say, even though the PR is what made you look, listed the reasons you were suspicious of Locke. But no, none of that. Which is why your defense looks like you're trying really hard to keep your head above the water.

I cant argue with you there. My voting wasnt the best on this one and ive noone to blame but myself for that. My defense is just the truth of what happened and nothing more. You all have to make your own mind up if you believe me or not.

On to other things

Aemons PR does seem inconsistent but his explanation makes sense so I really dont know what to think of it. Just because I havent seen a several part PR before doesnt mean its a fake, but who knows?

Adella's list sparked some interest and niggled at me a little bit. If its truly a reward from the Mod then its just made the game a lot easier as its just cut the scum suspects right down. What niggles me is that if its real it really does seem to tip the game balance in favour of the town quite a bit which I just cant see a Mod doing. At the moment Im still going to be looking at everyone regardless of being on the list or not - after all its been mentioned there could be recruiter role so even if the list was from our Mod Goddess we shouldnt assume everyone on there is still innocent.

Just wanted to share the thoughts ive had on the current topics of discussion.

Im holding off on voting for the moment but will be back to place it later today(unless im lynched first of course :tongue: )

Adella's list sparked some interest and niggled at me a little bit. If its truly a reward from the Mod then its just made the game a lot easier as its just cut the scum suspects right down. What niggles me is that if its real it really does seem to tip the game balance in favour of the town quite a bit which I just cant see a Mod doing. At the moment Im still going to be looking at everyone regardless of being on the list or not - after all its been mentioned there could be recruiter role so even if the list was from our Mod Goddess we shouldnt assume everyone on there is still innocent.

Just wanted to share the thoughts ive had on the current topics of discussion.

Im holding off on voting for the moment but will be back to place it later today(unless im lynched first of course :tongue: )

The parts that balance it are:

One, it can easily not be believed by the rest of the town.

Two, we never know what else anyone (including scum) may have gotten from the mod.

Three, we now have a list of confirmed townies for the scum to pick off, as someone mentioned before.

I got a tip last night, I'm guessing as a reward from the garlic/hen vote because it has nothing to do with my power (don't jump on that, Talya stated EVERYONE has a role in this game), I found a note during the night that said no evils voted for song during day 2. I know this seems like a ploy to make myself look innocent, but I like to think I'm smarter than to do something so obvious. Take it or leave it, but the list of players who voted for Song by the end of day 2 is: Wombat, Locke, Adella, Alanna, Krak, Song, Lily. I'm going to believe the Mod-Goddess on this and turn my eyes elsewhere...

When doing a reread I spotted something else that was niggling me about this list.

Adella - Did you get the list of names from our Mod or did you make it yourself from checking through?

The reason I ask is when ive read through the day 2 posts theres a bit of an error in the list youve given us - namely that youve put Song in the list and that TMD also voted for Song in day 2 but his names oddly missing(missing from Talya's vote count too ive noticed)

You know what just struck me as odd about this list is the lynch itself. There were no scum on that (attempted) lynch? I find that really weird. They would be the most motivated to get someone killed, because a random modkill could easily hit them as well as townies. The most logical explanation would be that Song is mafia, but as Kemian just pointed out, you included her on the list, Adella. I could see the scum sitting back and letting the town do all the lynching, but that didn't work in this case, no majority was reached.

The only other possible explanation is that all of the mafia are extremely inactive right now.

Just found out I wont be around tomorrow. Family thing.

So that I have my vote in Im going to choose Adella

This is for the list. I know youve said its come from our Mod but theres just something not quite right about it(see my previous posts for my concerns about different people named/not named)that makes me wonder if its real or some ploy.

Its not much but I havent spotted anything else thats concerning enough to warrent a vote.

Likely I wont be around at deadline just so your all aware but will be back thursday to catch up

Kemian-you're trying so hard to direct attention away from you, but in fact it brings more attention onto you. People are thinking about the list, not neccisarly believing it, but all the same thinking about it. So far you're the only one who is really pushing that it's fake, which it could be, but you're putting so much pressure that it's over the top. Having read Adella's argument for voting for you, I agree with her. It was a weak defense. For that and for what I have pointed out I'm going to Vote Kemian

A actually agree with you Lessa.

As for the list, why would Adella just pull something like that out of her hat? She wasn't under any serious pressure, I would think revealing a list of innocents like that would be grasping at something when you're in dire need. Also, if you're on that list, I would suggest looking at your name and think about if you're Town or not then make a judgement about it. I believe the list for now, but I do think it puts a spotlight on some town. Then again, if the mafia starts knocking off the Town on that list, it may hurt them as well. Then they'd just be proving they ARE all town.

As for Kemian, I'm still not totally satisfied. And going against the list is rather scummy seeming as well; who wouldn't want that floating around but scum themselves?

Also, if you're on that list, I would suggest looking at your name and think about if you're Town or not then make a judgement about it

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Do you mean that because I'm on the list and I know I'm town, I should believe the list? Because that doesn't make any sense.

I'm a little leery of this lynch on Kemian; I will likely withhold voting for him if I can. I don't staunchy believe he's town, but it's weird to see him getting so much flak for not believing the list. I'm not sure I believe the list either. I agree it would be a odd lie since Adella wasn't under any presure, but Adella is also a very complex thinker as mafia :D

At this point, I don't feel strongly about Kemian or Adella, though. I'm also still wondering about Aemon.

Also, if you're on that list, I would suggest looking at your name and think about if you're Town or not then make a judgement about it

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Do you mean that because I'm on the list and I know I'm town, I should believe the list? Because that doesn't make any sense.

I'm a little leery of this lynch on Kemian; I will likely withhold voting for him if I can. I don't staunchy believe he's town, but it's weird to see him getting so much flak for not believing the list. I'm not sure I believe the list either. I agree it would be a odd lie since Adella wasn't under any presure, but Adella is also a very complex thinker as mafia :D

At this point, I don't feel strongly about Kemian or Adella, though. I'm also still wondering about Aemon.

More so laughing that if you're mafia and on the list, you should probably speak up and let us know the list is a lie. laugh.gif No, but seriously, if they start getting picked off one by one and we get their alignments, then we'll know.

It's not JUST flack for the list either, more so his actions and defense style, etc.

I got a tip last night, I'm guessing as a reward from the garlic/hen vote because it has nothing to do with my power (don't jump on that, Talya stated EVERYONE has a role in this game), I found a note during the night that said no evils voted for song during day 2. I know this seems like a ploy to make myself look innocent, but I like to think I'm smarter than to do something so obvious. Take it or leave it, but the list of players who voted for Song by the end of day 2 is: Wombat, Locke, Adella, Alanna, Krak, Song, Lily. I'm going to believe the Mod-Goddess on this and turn my eyes elsewhere...

When doing a reread I spotted something else that was niggling me about this list.

Adella - Did you get the list of names from our Mod or did you make it yourself from checking through?

The reason I ask is when ive read through the day 2 posts theres a bit of an error in the list youve given us - namely that youve put Song in the list and that TMD also voted for Song in day 2 but his names oddly missing(missing from Talya's vote count too ive noticed)

In response to your question, I copied the list directly from the end of day 2 vote count that our mod did, I didn't tamper with it in any way. I was told there were no evils who voted Song on day 2, so I went to find the final list of who voted for her. I can go quote it if you would like.

And I honestly wont hold it against anyone for not believing the list, because I'm not sure if I would believe it had I not gotten the note from the mod herself.

Archived