DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Suvudu

Lambada

Suvudu have just announced the winner of their Villains! Cagematch - The Mountain that Rides, a character from aSoIaF

And they've announced that on December 20th he will be facing.... Rand al'Thor in a final cagematch.

This time though, we get to write the scenarios!

Full details here:

Suvudu Announcement

Deadline for scenario: 10th December

Cagematch: 20th December.

Let's get an awesome scenario picked people!

What is this blasphemy that you speak Lambada? At first when I read AGoT, I couln't get into it at all, but after I made myself get through the first few chapters, it is now my favorite series.

Anyway I participated a lot in the last cage match, the one that Rand won. I'm sure you can find some of my awesome comments still on some of those matches. It was highly entertaining and I enjoyed every minute of it. I just found out about this evil cagematch the other day while reading George RR Martins not a blog, and I'd have to say I didn't vote for Gregor, I voted for the Reaper. Though the villian and the hero match up are from two of my favorite series, I think an al'Thor and Clegane match up is dumb. Against anyone human, Rand is going to obliterate them. Anyway those are my thoughts, but I highly look forward to the write up of the match.

I missed the villians one, but just going through some of the "villians" it looks like that one is a lot more tongue in cheek. Dwight Schrute? I totally would have voted for the Assistant TO the Regional Manager. Also I don't think Gaius Baltar was truely a villian, the actor who played him has stated in interviews he didn't think of him as a villian. He was really just a troubled narcisist.

I dont know if pitting Rand al Thor against Gregor Clegane is all that much of a bad idea. It all depends though if Gregor Clegane is still, well, human. For those of you who dont know the tale, hes being made into a zombie fighter kind of guy. Maybe Qyburn's dark magick in making FrankenGregor, as he is called, will match up nicely with the power that Rand al Thor weilds. Of course, as we know Rand has been Darth Rand of late; a better bet may be that Rand and FrankenGregor discover their commonalities, go on an orgy of rapine and pilliage, and then go for a beer as good friends.

• 3 weeks later...

The Mountain that Dies would get his @ss whooped by Rand. Hands down, Rand can beat anybody and everybody. He's freakin Rand.

Glad that he's getting most of the votes, but shocked that there are any votes whatsoever in the other direction, for the Oversized Tin-Can that Rides. He and his two-handed bastard sword would be shattered to pieces, then melted, then pieced back together with the One Power, then shattered again, then balefired.

Hell, Rand made an actual mountain. He broke the earth. How can anyone beat that?

I think everyone knows that if they really met Rand would destroy the Mountain that Rides. This is just a fan war. Did anyone else think that the pro-Mountain that Rides write-up was really bad? I did. How can anyone dodge the One Power?

If I recall correctly balefire is dodged in some form or another several times in the series, actually. I just skimmed the write-ups though so maybe he dodged something other than balefire.

Either way Rand will take this easily. He beat Jaime Lannister, a much more popular character, so The Mountain won't be a problem.

Archived