DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The connection between Rand and Moridin

moroten

They have a connection since their balefires crossed each other in Shadar logoth.

Ever since then Rand nausea have only gotten worse even after the cleansing.

The other forsaken thinks Moridin a fool for channeling the true power so frequently.

My theroy is, that this connection between Rand and Moridin may also draw the Saa from the true power over to Rand, increasing his nausea and his difficulties channeling.

I don't belive this due to the fact that the connection happened what 3 or 4 books ago. There have been no indications that Rand is experiencing the Saa across his eyes, or anyone else close to him seeing them. So i don't belive that it is the case.

What I do theorize is that the connection of the two bale fires made it even more possible for the DO to touch Rand. Now, as we know from TDR that touching the One Power gives us a weakness to be touched or turned to the shadow. Now, that process takes 13 myrrdrall and 13 dreadlords to complete, but what if the DO can actually touch you and semi-turn you each time you touch the source? I like to belive that the crossing of the Balefire connected Rand with Moridin wich also included Moridin's connection to the DO. Each time Rand has channeled or even seized the OP Rand's sickness has gotten worse, what if that is due to the ease at wich the DO was able to touch him? He is even experiencing the sickness when not channeling, so maybe the DO has been able to extend his reach even to when he isn't chanelling.

It's another theory that the sickness he experiences when he's not channeling are a result of Moridin channeling. This can be a pretty good assumption since we get a visual (through Rand) of an angry Moridin when Rand channels and gets sick. Apparently they are sharing the sickness - at least that's what I've taken away from it.

Hi! A question: would you mind explaining why you believe that was Moridin in SL? Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere; I'm new! It's an idea I've never heard before.

It is clearly said so in the books. He introduce himself as moridin. In KoD Rand recongnice Moridins face under a circumstance I cant recall at the moment.

Moridin does NOT introduce himself by name to Rand in A Crown of Swords. However, the wanderer's description exactly matches that of Moridin, and the wanderer makes use of the True Power. Since only Moridin is now allowed to use the True Power, we know it is him, but Rand al'Thor does not. When he recognizes the face in Knife of Dreams, News for the Dragon, p.388, he simply recognizes it as "the stranger who had saved his life in Shadar Logoth". Rand does not know who Moridin is, and especially not that he is Ishamael transmigrated.

Moridin does NOT introduce himself by name to Rand in A Crown of Swords. However' date=' the wanderer's description exactly matches that of Moridin, and the wanderer makes use of the True Power. Since only Moridin is now allowed to use the True Power, we know it is him, but Rand al'Thor does not. When he recognizes the face in Knife of Dreams, [i']News for the Dragon[/i], p.388, he simply recognizes it as "the stranger who had saved his life in Shadar Logoth". Rand does not know who Moridin is, and especially not that he is Ishamael transmigrated.

My bad, you are right. But we(the reader) came to know pretty quickly who it was, or at least there several hints being moridin since I have taken it for granted for a long time. Anyway, back to the maintopic. Do you believe this link is the cause of Rand increaing Nausea?

Archived