DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Discuss Alanna

Luckers

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, the crazy bi..I mean witch, picks up and leaves. Seems to have a note from Verin but where did she go? I kind of still think she's BA (but kind of unwilling one or maybe the one changing her mind after bonding Rand). Maybe Rand's revelation also had something to do with her leaving - his light gave her light. And the fact that Rand doesn't say or note this in his POV - very fishy (though I get that we only got one POV from him). Anyways, some people were saying she went to borderlands, but my money she went to get HoV for whatever reason. And let's remember, Illian supposed to be in connection with the Horn, so Mat going to WT for Horn I think is kind of stupid as if Horn does not appear in Illian the whole legends/stories of the Great Hunt of the Horn are pointless. So, I think Alanna will either reappear in Illian with the Horn or she went there in the first place.

Though again, I think there is something really fishy about Alanna.

Thoughts?

egwene knew alanna was working for rand, since i think she had reports of her being sighted in Tear during the whole rebel conflict and if Verin knew she was BA, wouldnt her name be in her list?

but maybe verin didnt put alanna's name because she wanted to keep her alive, with the whole warder bond, and egwene would have killed her at the first opportunity if she was BA, i dont think she is aware of the bond or is she?

i think Rand knows where she is and would have known if any harm befell her, i dont think he would let her die, so wherever she is, she is still alive.

I think Alanna got a letter from Verin, they seemed to have a fairly close relationship after spending all that time in the Two Rivers. I never got the impression that she was BA but then we've never had a POV from her. She did however make the appeal to Rand to just be useful to him at one point and he shipped her off to help in Tear. I think if she went to such lengths to just to help Rand (instead of a BA who would probably be fine with avoiding notice and being able to come/go as will), it seems unlikely (although not impossible) for her to BA.

I doubt that Alanna could mask things via the Bond enough to hide from Rand that she was BA. No matter how or what she tried, he'd know.

So, I'm betting she's either off on business of her own, or Verin gave her some task that she believes would help him.

When it becomes important the author will catch us up with Alanna.

I think Alanna is very, very important. For one, how the hell did she leave without being seen (TP anyone...?). I know it's kind of out there, but we know that super fade did some crazy sh*t before for BA so the whole Alanna thing is very disconcerting. I don't think that's the case considering letter from Verin, but it could have been letter saying something like "Once Rand denies DO they will come for you. There are no more games and they know where you are and who you are and they will use you to get to Rand" and at that point super fade shows up and scoops her up. Hell, crazier things have happened. Alanna in my opinion will play very, very crucial role, IMO.

Kind of hard to guess what she's up to b/c we have so little to go on. How did she travel so far without channeling enough to make a gateway? Don't think it was the TP b/c if she used that why would she have used the OP at all. Possible that SH came and got her and she started to use the OP in defense, but seems too coincidental that they would take her right after she received Verin's letter. Also we've seen POV's from people in the borderlands and she was never even hinted at so I don't think she went off to fight along side the borderlanders. Since there is so little to go on and I can't think of anything else I'll take a wild guess that she was sent to find some stock pile of artifacts that Verin either knows about through research or from one of the forsaken. Or maybe Verin knows of some scholar or knowledge that has not been discovered but contains key information to help Rand with whatever he must do.

Another way out there thought. Verin knows a lot about whats going down. If she was Nakomi(and even if not) she knows an awful lot about the aiel's origins and their role. Nobody has talked about the tinker's or the song but I think they both have a role to play in sealing the bore. Perhaps Alanna is gathering the tinker's or finding the lost song....Yeah that's a stretch, but hey Anything's possible at this point.

Kind of hard to guess what she's up to b/c we have so little to go on. How did she travel so far without channeling enough to make a gateway? Don't think it was the TP b/c if she used that why would she have used the OP at all. Possible that SH came and got her and she started to use the OP in defense, but seems too coincidental that they would take her right after she received Verin's letter. Also we've seen POV's from people in the borderlands and she was never even hinted at so I don't think she went off to fight along side the borderlanders. Since there is so little to go on and I can't think of anything else I'll take a wild guess that she was sent to find some stock pile of artifacts that Verin either knows about through research or from one of the forsaken. Or maybe Verin knows of some scholar or knowledge that has not been discovered but contains key information to help Rand with whatever he must do.

Another way out there thought. Verin knows a lot about whats going down. If she was Nakomi(and even if not) she knows an awful lot about the aiel's origins and their role. Nobody has talked about the tinker's or the song but I think they both have a role to play in sealing the bore. Perhaps Alanna is gathering the tinker's or finding the lost song....Yeah that's a stretch, but hey Anything's possible at this point.

Where she went is so open I won't even guess. How she got there -

Say you're Logain. Say you get a visit and a letter from Verin very like what happened with Mat. Say you read your letter and in it is another letter for Alanna. Say you make a gateway to the room she is staying in and give her that letter, and she comes with you to where ever your letter sends you.

Yeah, this too is out there. I only propose it because it puts two players together and cuts down on the verbiage needed to get caught up with them.

HoV was locked away in the WT last we heard and very few people knew it was there. I had just assumed it would still be there, but if it's not I suppose Verin would've been the one to betray it since she knew, and therefore would be able to lead someone to it.

HoV was locked away in the WT last we heard and very few people knew it was there. I had just assumed it would still be there, but if it's not I suppose Verin would've been the one to betray it since she knew, and therefore would be able to lead someone to it.

The Horn of Valere was taken to the Tower. We don't know where it is now. There is a Siuan PoV where she thinks that she and Verin are the only ones who know where it has been hidden.

The Horn of Valere was taken to the Tower. We don't know where it is now. There is a Siuan PoV where she thinks that she and Verin are the only ones who know where it has been hidden.

I wonder if Siuan told Eggy where it is. Probably not, AS being AS.

She's in Arafel, helping put together a defence for her homeland or doing something specific that Verin told her about.

About leaving, she could have just put on a MoM, pretended to be a servant or something, wandered out and then done a Gate beyond Corele's sensing range.

Or somebody Gated in for her.

She's in Arafel, helping put together a defence for her homeland or doing something specific that Verin told her about.

About leaving, she could have just put on a MoM, pretended to be a servant or something, wandered out and then done a Gate beyond Corele's sensing range.

I did see Arafel mentioned before but if you ask me, it would be very random (just because it's her country it does not mean she will run there). Do we actually have confirmation on this or is this a theory? As far as getting out, I can see where you're coming from and have to agree.

Anyways, shouldn't Illian play some huge role before the LB? After all, HoV is always referenced to it.

I did see Arafel mentioned before but if you ask me, it would be very random (just because it's her country it does not mean she will run there). Do we actually have confirmation on this or is this a theory? As far as getting out, I can see where you're coming from and have to agree.

Anyways, shouldn't Illian play some huge role before the LB? After all, HoV is always referenced to it.

Rand felt her up North, maybe in Arafel he said.

I'm assuming from the timeline (VoG+2) that this is connected with the invasion. Egwene learns about it within a couple of days from the AS eyes and ears.

Hence, it makes sense. Verin tells Mat about the Caemlyn invasion, she tells Alanna about the Arafel invasion ---

Alanna and Sheriam were novices together. Alanna was one of the Accepted sent out to try and find the DR in NS.

"On their way to Medo, Alanna gives Egwene and Nynaeve lessons on channeling. She asks Egwene and Nynaeve about the boys; she is particularly interested in Rand." tGH (EWoT)

She wants to hang out with Eg and Nyn doing scullery work. Why?

Verin warns Perrin not to trust Alanna. Loial reports that she disappeared twice in tSR. I wonder if she was the one that opened the Manetheren waygate rather than Slayer. She wanted to bond Perrin but Faile warns her off.

Bonds Rand and later he senses "Alanna is in a temper and has some scrapes and bruises." I always wondered what happened there.

There's more but I don't have time now to go through the chronology and create an extensive list. It is readily apparent that there's too much weird and/or unaccountable behavior going on. I'm at the point where I think she is Black Ajah and had to get lost because Rand now has the ability to detect darkfriends and I would assume black sisters as well.

I never got the BA vibe from Alanna. She has a temper and has her own motivations but I don't think she is BA. If Verin knew she was BA she would have been on that list. I don't see Verin telling people not to trust her then protecting her. Also it isn't like Alanna was the only AS trying to bond Mat/Perrin/Rand. Alanna just did it to Rand against his will because of her emotional state and once the damage was done she saw no reason to undo it.

I never got the BA vibe from Alanna. She has a temper and has her own motivations but I don't think she is BA. If Verin knew she was BA she would have been on that list. I don't see Verin telling people not to trust her then protecting her. Also it isn't like Alanna was the only AS trying to bond Mat/Perrin/Rand. Alanna just did it to Rand against his will because of her emotional state and once the damage was done she saw no reason to undo it.

I never got the BA vibe from Verin but there was a bunch of unexplained weirdness that bugged me about her. I've had that same sense of inexplicable weirdness going on with Alanna. *shrug*

I also think she might be BA. Though I have to admit there might be more to it - she's not simply BA but BA with some mission (maybe kind of Verin style).

The reasons for Verin not killing her or including her on the list might be many: ranging from the fact DR is bonded to her and would go into warder's rage if Alanna dies, to Verin knew some role Alanna might play.

Alanna is a shady character and a wild card if you ask me.

Doubt if she's Black - I can't see Verin missing that or neglecting to mention it. I'm hoping that her letter from Verin contained some way-out task that only a slightly unstable Aes Sedai would attempt (yes, I know..) Possibly a slightly suicidal mission?

I also think she might be BA. Though I have to admit there might be more to it - she's not simply BA but BA with some mission (maybe kind of Verin style).

The reasons for Verin not killing her or including her on the list might be many: ranging from the fact DR is bonded to her and would go into warder's rage if Alanna dies, to Verin knew some role Alanna might play.

Early in online WoT discussion the term "Purple Ajah" was used to describe Verin and her shady actions. Maybe Alanna is also a member of the Purple Ajah (I forget who coined the term, but it was on rasfw-rj).

Early in online WoT discussion the term "Purple Ajah" was used to describe Verin and her shady actions. Maybe Alanna is also a member of the Purple Ajah (I forget who coined the term, but it was on rasfw-rj).

I'm not sure you can use the Purple Ajah as an association any longer. It was used to describe the odd or shadey actions of Verin who turned out to be able to lie because she was a member of the BA. We've not caught Alanna in any lies and the Purple does not appear to exist as far as we know, it seems safe to rule this out.

I would like to know why Alanna was heard crying for weeks before she left. Did she receive Verin's letter that far in advance and grieved for her presumed friend or was it for another reason. Was she being tortured, threatened? How did she manage to leave Tear? People felt channeling from her rooms but never enough to make a gateway. Did she move to a location to where she wouldn't be felt channeling that much of the One Power before she made the gateway? So many questions! D;

Archived