DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Black Tower to Tar Valon

Kivam

I had originally hoped it would be a palace for the warders, basically independant of their Aes Sedai, but a few months ago I started to have this thought also. Staying in Andor after what I'm assuming will be a massive battle there in the BT, and putting up with Elayne, seem a bit awkward to me. Though I will say, it will be sad to lose the village kind of lifestyle they had with their families nearby. It's one of the nicer touches that set them apart from the Aes Sedai

Elaida's palace may be huge, but I don't think it'll be big enough for the whole Black Tower. It was built on the Warder's practice grounds, how big can that be? Enough for a couple thousand Ash'aman?

If the White Tower survives the Last Battle and the new Breaking of the World, I expect the palace will be some sort of HQ for all those "associated" channelers who are not full Aes Sedai.

Egwene has never shown any indication that she considers male channelers to be on par with female channelers. She is too proud of the WT to allow ruffians like that ti openly walk it's grounds. The divisive nature between men and women will probably continue after the LB. The Black Tower should continue to exist as a separate entity.

Just hit me the other day - the construction begun by Elaida, for her "palace", will eventually house the Black Tower - right next to the White Tower, but still separate, for men, not women.

What do you think?

Dude, I launched that theory years ago, pay attentionbiggrin.gif

It is a logical course of action, especially with elaidas Foretelling that tghe BT will be rent in blood and fire (an Elayne being none too happy about a bunch of male channelers basically squatting just outside Caemlyn). And RJ rarely put in things like this without a purpose.

Egwene has never shown any indication that she considers male channelers to be on par with female channelers. She is too proud of the WT to allow ruffians like that ti openly walk it's grounds. The divisive nature between men and women will probably continue after the LB. The Black Tower should continue to exist as a separate entity.

Ah yeah, good point about Egwene's opinion. I guess I have to agree there. I guess the BT will want to avoid moving to TV also or they'll eventually be seen as just another aspect of the Aes Sedai. They need to grow on their own and have their own acheivements... I guess similar to Avi's opinion on being with Rand...

I think it more likely that Elaida's palace will end up to be more housing quarters for novices or Accepted considering that Egwene's policy on accepting any and every woman who can channel regardless of age will mean that the White Tower's housing quarters will be strained. Alternatively, the palace could also be converted into housing quarters for Aes Sedai in the future.

Ah yeah, good point about Egwene's opinion. I guess I have to agree there. I guess the BT will want to avoid moving to TV also or they'll eventually be seen as just another aspect of the Aes Sedai. They need to grow on their own and have their own acheivements... I guess similar to Avi's opinion on being with Rand...

Thing is, the entire game is about to change. From Nicolas Foretelling, we have a very strong indication that once the dust settles after TG, the Seanchan will return to business as usual. Business that includes turning all Aes Sedai into damane, and killing Asha'man on sight. It is in both their interest to start figuring out not only how to coexist, but how to work together. And steps in that direction has already been taken, with the bondings that has been going on. Also, it seems quite likely that Logain will be the leader of the BT after TG, and he and Egwene have a history that makes cooperating a lot easier.

Elaida's palace may be huge, but I don't think it'll be big enough for the whole Black Tower. It was built on the Warder's practice grounds, how big can that be? Enough for a couple thousand Ash'aman?

If the White Tower survives the Last Battle and the new Breaking of the World, I expect the palace will be some sort of HQ for all those "associated" channelers who are not full Aes Sedai.

If I recall correctly...Elaida had plans for it to be bigger than the White Tower.

If I recall correctly...Elaida had plans for it to be bigger than the White Tower.

She had plans for its spire to be TALLER than the White Tower (individual building), not bigger (in square footage) than the White Tower (collection of buildings that takes its name from that prominent spire). I don't believe that the Warder's practice ground took up 50% or more of the (collective) White Tower's area.

With TG just around the corner, I doubt much thought is being given to Elaidas tower, except maybe as a way to train soldiers and Warders how to fight room to room. Afterwards, it could become part monument to the Last Battle, part anything else you can think of. As for the Black Tower moving to the Tar Valon, I doubt it, theres too many centuries of fear and distrust between male and female channellers to create a happy co-existance

Ideally the Aes Sedai (and Ashaman) would integrate into society and live as normal people, with families and homes with non channeler neighbors, instead of in ivory towers. Of course it won't happen any time soon, and there's NO indication in the plot of a likely reunification of the sexes into one organization--in this Age.

Yet, I rather like the thought of Tar Valon as a whole turned into a place for men and women channelers, not just living and moving around the Tower, but in any of the homes in the city.

Traveling really makes a lot of things possible, you could live anywhere and be in contact with Tar Valon. You could disseminate AS Healers, scholars and advisers anywhere becoming a relevant and positive force in Randland. Or you could run away to the tiniest village on the steepest mountain and become a TRUE recluse.

Archived