DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A murderous twisted doorway

Jblaylock

Yes this is another "Asmo's killer" thread, but the search function isn't working, so I could not tell whether or not this particular theory has been discussed.

If I remember correctly, Asmo oppened a door to step into a room (or something like that; forgive me for my spotty memory), and then "darkness took him" (or something). Now, RJ says the DO can't bring Asmo back because of "how and where he died." Well, what if the twisted doorway Terangreal had been stored away somewhere, Asmo didn't know it was there, he oppened the door that he thought was to his room (or wherever he meant to go) and stepped into the realm of the Eelfinn or Aelfinn and was then killed by them. Therefore, where and how he died are being the DO's reach.

If there is a reason this is impossible, please speak up.

Yes this is another "Asmo's killer" thread, but the search function isn't working, so I could not tell whether or not this particular theory has been discussed.

If I remember correctly, Asmo oppened a door to step into a room (or something like that; forgive me for my spotty memory), and then "darkness took him" (or something). Now, RJ says the DO can't bring Asmo back because of "how and where he died." Well, what if the twisted doorway Terangreal had been stored away somewhere, Asmo didn't know it was there, he oppened the door that he thought was to his room (or wherever he meant to go) and stepped into the realm of the Eelfinn or Aelfinn and was then killed by them. Therefore, where and how he died are being the DO's reach.

If there is a reason this is impossible, please speak up.

Pretty sure this thread is going to get locked but I will go ahead and answer. At the time of Asmo's death, one of the doorways (originally in Rhuidean) was moved to Carhien and destroyed when Moiraine and Lanfear fell through it. The other doorway is still in the Stone of Tear. So unless there is another doorway that we have not heard about and it happens to be in Caemlyn this theory won't work.

I'm sorry, we don't allow discussion of his killer/manner of dying outside of the structured discussion board. Actually, that's not completely true. There's a thread open in the ToM Spoiler board (just saying so would've been a spoiler in itself, only BS told us beforehand that we'll have more to chew on after we've read ToM).

Archived