DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Amazon

zshadez

Has anyone else seen all the one star reviews on Amazon simply because the ebook isn't available yet? I think it's sad that Amazon is letting "reviews" of the book be posted that arn't even about the actual book. Ebooks are great, I agree, but I also agree with Harriet's decision to avoid cutting out the bookstores. Ebooks are still a relatively new sellable format, I don't understand the anger over an e-version not being immediatly available.

I came into this thread expecting the same hate you were describing, and I was pleasantly surprised. I completely agree with you. Maybe in 2 or 3 years when eBooks are a lot more widespread it will be a big issue when 40-50% of readers can't get a book on time.

On the other hand, for the few days before I read ToM I was scared to even visit DM for fear I would be spoiled on something (mostly just paranoia but wanted to make sure). For a book so many people are anticipating, the readers shouldn't be forced to wait for their preferred medium.

It's doubly foolish with the people that are getting mad at Amazon when they have no control over what books a publisher decides to release in Kindle format. They can ask, sure, but the publisher can still just tell them to shove off for any reason whatsoever.

Archived