DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Karaethon Cycle

dreago

very possible

other parts were "slay his people with the sword of peace and destroy them with the Leaf" most likely the Aiel

"He shall bind the nine moons to him" don't think its happened yet but has to do with Tuon and possibly Matt

What chains has he broken, and who put into chains? Exact quote from Moraine

There is no complete prophecy, RJ just writes the parts he wants to use in the novels. He has said that he will not write all of them even afterwards.

"There can be no health in us, nor any good thing grow, for the land is one with the Dragon Reborn, and he one with the land. Soul of fire, heart of stone, in pride he conquers, forcing the proud to yield. He calls upon the mountains to kneel, and the seas to give way, and the very skies to bow. Pray that the heart of stone remembers tears, and the soul of fire, love."

"Master of the lightnings, rider on the storm, wearer of a crown of swords, spinner-out of fate. Who thinks he turns the Wheel of Time, may learn the truth too late."

both from the cycle,these both seem to state that there will be reprecussions if rand does not stop isolating himself.and the begininning of the 1st extract i posted ties in with the fisher king legends.

i know these have nothing to do with the thread,but it adds to the prophecy aspect

What does it mean that he ‘shall bind the nine moons to serve him’?

This is the part of the prophecy that Ishamael changed.

“I must find a way to make contact with the Dragon Reborn as soon as possible. He must kneel before the Crystal Throne before Tarmon Gai’don, or all is lost.†The Prophecies of the Dragon said so, clearly.

At the end of KoD Tuon still believes that Rand needs to kneel before the Crystal Throne. We haven't seen the inevitable conflict in which the Seanchan (or at least Tuon) accept the true prophecy and serve Rand.

Mat will most likely be key in this plot line and being Tuon's husband will come into play, but she is not yet bound to serve Rand.

I have a question about this one:

"slay his people with the sword of peace and destroy them with the Leaf"

I know it refers to the Aiel, but I only see that the second part (i.e. destruction with the leaf) has been fulfilled. Most interpretations of this part of the Cycle simply lump the two statements together and say that they refer to the revelation of the Aiels' true ancestry, but I see two separate statements there. So how does he "slay his people with the sword of peace"? Or is this just a redundant prophecy?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived