DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Why does Aginor dislike Myrdraal??

Sila Darklover

I know that they were an unintended side effect of creating Trollocs, but if they hadn't come into existence, Trollocs would have been uncontrollable and fairly useless in battle (though good for causing mayhem and distruction). It seems like serendipity to me, a real boost for the dark side. But if anyone understands Aginor the Awesome better than me and can explain this, I would be most grateful!

These were the points I took for his dislike of them:

1. He didn't actually create them since they are merely a side effect of one of his creations.

2. He doesn't know what causes them to occur.

3. He doesn't understand how they do what they do.

He's far too prideful, and as a result it really bothers him that he doesn't understand something he had a hand in creating.

Isn't that the point of the Chosen? They all have a critical fault that opened the door for them to step over to the other side.

I for one have always wanted to know more of the backstory of the Forsaken. The betrayal of friends and colleagues that this story would entail seems rife with dramatic potential.

Actually, I think all of the FS just have too much of one critical fault almost all of us share, plus some of them have some more perverse tendencies, i.e. additional critical faults (mostly the women); but I think the main thing which lead to all of them turning to the shadow was pride...none of them like being told what to do and some think that their power/abilities should somehow make them immune to societal constructs (Semirhage for sure, perhaps Mesaana). Demandred and Sammael did not like being in LTT's shadow. Etc.

I'm not saying they don't all have more critical faults than just pride, just that this is the more overbearing one which lead to most of them turning. And it's right up RJ's alley for that to be say, seeing as how we all have some degree of pride...

Archived