DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

ToM begins as ridiculous crap

Lena

hi all!

Being the greatest WoT fan on the planet, I must say that I found the beginning of the audiobook ToM rather boring.

I didnt get far yet, cause I always fall asleep while listening, but here's what I remember:

A pathetic Land part

An extremely pathetic Perrin Oi'bama part

a pathetic Perrin talks with wolve part

an annoying Faile observation

a ridiculous (as always) Forsaken part

something about Egwene (but I was half asleep already)

hopefully I manage to get through these boring sections without falling asleep, and get to the meat - the great stuff soon.

cheers!

I tried being lazy and listening to the audio books too. You know what worked for me? Shots of vodka every time Moiraine mentioned the pattern or the wheel in some way, every time Mat cursed, and every time either Rand, Mat, or Perrin decided that one of the other two understood women better than himself. Oh, and any landscape description that dragged on for more than a minute. There were others, but basically unless you're used to just listening to books rather than reading them, I don't recommend the audio version of WoT. The readers they chose have such hypnotic voices that you can't help falling asleep.

On that note, (and I haven't finished the book yet because I'm also addicted to civilization V at the moment) as soon as I started reading ToM I read the first 18 chapters straight while chain-smoking an entire pack of cigarettes. So far, its !@#%ing good.

I only read Book 1, and listened to all 12 audiobooks then.

I like both readers quite well, especially the woman.

The man is good too - except when he impersonates Ogres with that stupid voice - or Perrin - who sounds like a total retard (which he probably is anyway).

Maybe Perrin is really gay, just like Pippin in the Lord of the Rings movies.

That's why he always behaves like an idiot around women, or brats like Faile. Hopefully he has his coming-out soon, and marries some blacksmith in leather with a big hammer.

hi all!

Being the greatest WoT fan on the planet, I must say that I found the beginning of the audiobook ToM rather boring.

I didnt get far yet, cause I always fall asleep while listening, but here's what I remember:

A pathetic Land part

hopefully I manage to get through these boring sections without falling asleep, and get to the meat - the great stuff soon.

cheers!

Once I've read the first 200 pages or so of any WoT book other than EotW I always feel as though I could have skipped them...

hi all!

A pathetic Land part

cheers!

Well, that's total BS and I hope you are not serious.

I only read Book 1, and listened to all 12 audiobooks then.

I like both readers quite well, especially the woman.

The man is good too - except when he impersonates Ogres with that stupid voice - or Perrin - who sounds like a total retard (which he probably is anyway).

Maybe Perrin is really gay, just like Pippin in the Lord of the Rings movies.

That's why he always behaves like an idiot around women, or brats like Faile. Hopefully he has his coming-out soon, and marries some blacksmith in leather with a big hammer.

I have not met you before, but from what I've read in your two posts here I have to say you are probably my favorite person here, and the most like me. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Finally someone else with a sense of humor about all this, who loves the stories but doesn't mind making fun of them.

Although, Perrin actualy was my favorite charecter for a while, up until Rand quit being a little weenie and started acting like a bad ass.

Everytime I listen to the audiobooks I catch something I missed by reading. With RJ's books I tended to skip descriptions and sometimes parts of the book because it was just too much description. Audiobooks I can just close my eyes and listen. I doubt I could read through the RJ books again.

hi all!

A pathetic Land part

cheers!

Well, that's total BS and I hope you are not serious.

I've heard it can't be all BS!

There's some RJ in it too. :baalzamon:

Lena the Warrior Trollces?

Wait till you get to the part where they pronounce Mesaana's name. Sooooooooooooo irritating!!!!!!

MESSA- AHNA

heh. I hate some of the pronunciations. I always like to make my own. daman-eee really grinds my gears. and Tal-MAHN-es.

Oh well. Guess they're official for a reason.

Archived