DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Cover for ToM that didn't quite make it

doseyclwn

• 2 weeks later...

This cover has been around for about 5-6 years at least and always seems to pop up when the new book(s) come out >_> Never really that it was that funny myself :x

Uhhhh, no.

I am the creator* of this cover, and I did it as a gift/joke for Jennifer Liang. She thought it was funny, so I really don't care if anybody else thinks it is funny or not. :rolleyes: She of course posted it all over the internet and now my poor server is threatened to be crushed daily under the load of people that come to look at it, and those that are hotlinking it all over the intertubes. *eyes doseyclwn balefully* :darkone: I don't remember the exact date I did it, but it was sometime either right before TGS came out or right after, because we were considering auctioning posters of it at JordanCon (SeanCon, that year :seanchan:) for the charity auction.

*This means I did all the photoshopping that resulted in this. The original art IS all Darrell's-- the background is from a Lord of the Rings illustration, and the guy with the fancy feathers is from a completely different book cover he did (which I don't remember the name of).

Regards,

:egwene:

PS-- I love the new WoT icon set, if my liberal usage of them didn't make that obvious. :aiel:

In relation to Wheel of Time, the mountain is supposed to represent Dragonmount?

And the guy Moridin?

Lord of the Rings, Orodruin (Mount Doom) seems most accurate for the mountain.

Edit:: Guy with the fancy feathers, I seem to recall a wizard with a feathered hat in Tolkien's Roverandom. Maybe the guy is him.

Lord of the Rings, Orodruin (Mount Doom) seems most accurate for the mountain.

Edit:: Guy with the fancy feathers, I seem to recall a wizard with a feathered hat in Tolkien's Roverandom. Maybe the guy is him.

My copy of that later book has a different cover.

Archived