DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Anyone else especially noticing the word Tempest?

ajfurst

After the threads around the place that Brandon loves the word, anyone else who can't help going 'Ah, another one' when they encounter it in the story? There aren't as many (half way through) I think as in TGS and I never noticed it in my first read of that. Now though it's like being told not to think about it, I can't help it. :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

He's not a creature of skirts, that's for sure. According to IdealSeek, they're only mentioned once in TGS, and nobody ever smooths their skirts there either! Compare the other books:

From IdealSeek:

Your Search: skirts

Matches Found: 812

Entries: 16

The World of Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time: 3 results

Legends: 11 results

The Eye of the World: 4 results

The Great Hunt: 25 results

The Dragon Reborn: 25 results

The Shadow Rising: 65 results

The Fires of Heaven: 86 results

Lord of Chaos: 107 results

A Crown of Swords: 118 results

The Path of Daggers: 66 results

Winter's Heart: 73 results

Crossroads of Twilight: 82 results

Knife of Dreams: 101 results

The Gathering Storm: 1 results

New Spring the Novel: 42 results

He's not a creature of skirts, that's for sure. According to IdealSeek, they're only mentioned once in TGS, and nobody ever smooths their skirts there either!

Ok, just a little heads up for you... Ideal Seek isn't updated for TGS yet. They have the prologue and chapter 1, but I think that's it. ToM has the Prologue and chapters 1 and 8 included. I really wish it was updated at least for TGS, because it's pretty useful for obvious reasons.

You are right that nobody smooths their skirts in TGS, however. Egwene came closest when she smoothed her dress while talking to Siuan in T'A'R :happy:

He's not a creature of skirts, that's for sure.

Try the ebook of tGS: 30 matches found for skirt/skirts.

No skirt smoothing, tying with tEotW, but there was 1 dress smoothing

1 straightening of skirts.

1 arrangement of skirts.

1 brushing of skirts.

1 checking of skirts.

As for "tempest": 19 matches.

And "storm": 65, ignoring the mentions of the title, which ought to clue you in to why BWS might have though a little alternate vocab was in order.

i have been noticing the amount of 'tempest' mentioned in this book (only half way through) and im sure its because of all the talk here that i have been noticing it. its starting to get a bit annoying... maybe we could start a drinking game? every time the word is mentioned we have a shot :)

Archived