DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Just, Hi.

Guest Elvenfolk

Guest Elvenfolk

More years ago than I care to consider, I got a copy of "The Eye of the World" by some unknown author named Robert Jordan. I knew that "The Lord of the Rings" had made a huge impression on my life as a young man and I needed something like that in my life again. I followed Rand and company until they got to Caemlyn in that first book (maybe 250 pages in?) and then I put it aside even though I was thinking that I felt like I was on the road with them myself. It was that good!

See, I wasn't reading much back in 1990.

My wife of 18 years had just died in 1989. Didn't want much of anything back then except to be with her. Reading wasn't high on my list of things to do.

I ignored the series for the next 19 years. A part of me thought it was too monumental a work to tackle at that late date.

But...

I was in Borders in Atlanta, GA. last December - all the way from NYC, no less - and I picked up another copy of "The Eye of the World" and I read it. In fact, after 3 days and 150 pages in, I went back to the store and got all 11 books in the series.

As I sit here, I'm 432 pages into Book Five - "The Fires of Heaven".

This afternoon, I went to Walmart in Toccoa, GA to get a copy of "Towers of Midnight".

I've got a ways to go before I reach it, but I know I'll get there.

Thanks for showing me the way. It means more than you could ever know.

Joe

• 3 weeks later...

Wow.. that was very touching...

My heart goes out to you and your loss, Joe, and I'm happier than you will ever know about you finding comfort in our wonderful community and the wonderful world of the Wheel of Time. There are a lot of people in this forum who have turned to the wheel of time to escape the pains of everyday life and you will you will find yourself at home here, and make a lot of friends. We are like a family on here, and anyone can jump into any discussion and be welcomed with open arms.

If you have any questions about the site, or want an intense book discussion, please don't hesitate to ask or chat :D

Kate

Archived