DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Glossary = SPOILERS

Getch

Just an FYI. Do NOT read the Glossary at the end, it contains information and events that occur DURING ToM.

Unbelievable that Tor did that. Went to remind myself of a particular character, and oops, there below is the answer to a certain... umm... mystery which is apparently revealed later in the book.

Yes, when I heard about that initially I was surprised also. However I really didn't think it would be an issue for me as I stopped referring to the glossary while reading the book several books ago. This time though I really do need to stop myself and double check via tGS's glossary. Part of it is the knowledge that I know the answers I'm looking for are right there, but I really want to find it out the proper way.

Yeah, and it shouldn't have affected me either, but I wanted to quickly remind myself the

Galad/Gareth/Morgase family tree (I always forget it)

, which wasn't important enough to go online to look up, and I know has been in past glossaries.

And, of course, my wandering eye accidentally found 3 events/information revealed in the book just sitting there in the glossary. To be fair, I'm ~100 pages in and two have been revealed already, but the last one is one of the book's major plotlines (from what I can see so far).

Oh well. It doesn't say how it all went down I guess...

Bugger, how am i now to prove my strong character and NOT look in the glossary... lol And why am i even here on this site where spoilers are bound to leap out to me... yes i know i shall avoid the Spoiled Section, but even so... Soon home from work and being able to read, read, read, etc

This warning was actually posted here before the book came out (in the ToM non-spoiler board I believe, among the stick-ies). Brandon even tweeted about it, I believe. Or wrote about it in his blog, whichever.

By the way, @Getch, I'm sorry for editing your post there. What you said wasn't really a spoiler, but can certainly serve as basis for informed guesswork. I'm saying this as someone who hasn't yet read the relevant part, so I don't even know if my speculation on what it means is correct. The mere fact that I did immediately speculate on it was enough that I decided to hide that part of your post, though.

Archived