DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Serious Dilemma

15 members have voted

1. 1. What should i do?

• Wait for the book to arrive.
    • Screw waiting Get it NOW

I have ToM on Pre-order from Book Depository online and it will take at least 1.5 Weeks to get to me..

Should i go and buy it from a book store anyway read it and then give the pre-order away?

OR

Just wait it out... :(

Go get it! Come on, you don't want to wait do you. I always end up buying two copies - I order one from my book club (they print it in a smaller size so I make sure that my set all matches) but I don't want to wait for them to ship it so I pick up a copy at the bookstore to read and then donate the extra copy to the library.

It all depends on your budget. If buying another copy won't affect your bottom line, go for it. If it means cutting back on milk and sugar, I say you can wait the week.

:wink:

lol, i got paid more this week surprisingly hence why i was umming and ahhhing about going down in the morning to get a copy :D

and money doesn't concern me so much, (am a poor ass uni student) once lived on peanut butter and steak sandwiches just so i could buy Kingdom Hearts 2 :D (ToM currently ranks more important than finishing The Way of Kings)

It all depends on your budget. If buying another copy won't affect your bottom line, go for it. If it means cutting back on milk and sugar, I say you can wait the week.

lol, i got paid more this week surprisingly hence why i was umming and ahhhing about going down in the morning to get a copy :D

and money doesn't concern me so much, (am a poor ass uni student) once lived on peanut butter and steak sandwiches just so i could buy Kingdom Hearts 2 :D (ToM currently ranks more important than finishing The Way of Kings)

I am in kind of the same boat as you. I pre-order video games on Amazon now because they have such rediculously good service(release day delivery and usually a 10 dollar gift card to boot) so I decided to pre-order ToM from them because I have to drive about 30 minutes to get to anywhere that would have ToM on release day. Unfortunately, Amazon's, not quite as good on books. Release day shipping for ToM was literally going to double the price tag so I went with SSS and got the 4-7 day shipping. Luckily that means next Monday at the latest, and most likely Thursday or Friday since Amazon almost always gets it here faster then thier estimates.

Dunno if I could stand waiting a week and a half though, man. If moneys not an issue I'd go out and get the book. Is it too late to cancel your pre-order?

I am in kind of the same boat as you. I pre-order video games on Amazon now because they have such rediculously good service(release day delivery and usually a 10 dollar gift card to boot) so I decided to pre-order ToM from them because I have to drive about 30 minutes to get to anywhere that would have ToM on release day. Unfortunately, Amazon's, not quite as good on books. Release day shipping for ToM was literally going to double the price tag so I went with SSS and got the 4-7 day shipping. Luckily that means next Monday at the latest, and most likely Thursday or Friday since Amazon almost always gets it here faster then thier estimates.

Dunno if I could stand waiting a week and a half though, man. If moneys not an issue I'd go out and get the book. Is it too late to cancel your pre-order?

Sadly no, they'll dispatch it over the next day or so but the money has already gone out for it so i'd still be losing money :B I pre-ordered it thinking i could wait it out with tWoK and New spring but NS took over 1.5 weeks to get to me through Book depository so im guessing it'll be the same for ToM once dispatched, that's too long to wait :( also does anyone know if WoT hardcovers come illustrated?

Archived